Please help :-( - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2013, 03:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Please help :-(

Once again I just got my 03 6.0 a tow home... Truck hesitated then slowly died while driving. No codes what so ever according to sct code reader. Icp desired while cranking cold is 1000, icp actual is 300 ish.
I just replaced hpop, icp and ipr less than 3000, oil/ all filters change less than 500miles. Im about to tear into this thing for once again an all nighter.. Any insight on what might have happened. Obviously a hpo problem. The lpop does take a little while to build up to minimum pressure on idiot gauge. Thanks!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2013, 05:50 PM

The filter drain back valve is missing the outer spring and all of its three legs... They are down in the oil cooler or housing somewhere...great!!

Would that cause a low enoughdrop in LPO to drop the hpo to 300-400 psi? Or am i still looking at a hpo leak?

Old 04-30-2013, 07:22 PM

Im gonna replace that filter drain back tomoro... I pressure tested the system, ipr clicks and not a sound what so ever... If there is something else going on please fill me in

Old 04-30-2013, 07:46 PM
Bump To Pass!!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Think your on the right track with the drainback valve to try first. I had a drilling truck that I did a stud job on and the LPOP relife vavle stuck open and caused a dying and no start issue. Frustrated the he11 out of me. Just when I think I have seen all the issues these can have...BOOM new one to figure out. Good luck. Try to help if I can.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:01 PM

Thats the spring on the bottom of the lpop held in by an allen key right? The filter housing fills up but kinda slowly. Do i need to drain oil to check relief valve?

Old 05-01-2013, 10:49 AM

Put in a new filter drainback valve. Started up after all the air was out of the lines.. Then ran like piss, ipr went to 85% and i shut it down now it wint start. Please help me!!

Old 05-01-2013, 12:36 PM
Bump To Pass!!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps_lane01 View Post
Put in a new filter drainback valve. Started up after all the air was out of the lines.. Then ran like piss, ipr went to 85% and i shut it down now it wint start. Please help me!!

This sounds like textbook hpo leak. When you put air too it how long did you wait? Also is the filter housing filling fast? You can pull the oil relife valve out pretty easy. Just have pan under the truck. The oil in the housing will come out.

Old 05-01-2013, 12:56 PM

I just checked i have 40 psi lube oil pressure when cranking. Takes about 5 seconds to get up to 40 psi but it does. I have bubbles when i fill the filter housing while cranking. Some large mostly small, makes it look sludgy almost. Another thing. Thought my oil was high because it was reading a full dipstick and then some lowered it to the 3/4 mark and now after multiple cranks its barely showing up on my stick. This is my daily driver/ work truck and i have been missing out on work, if someone could call that would be greatly appreciated. 4107829522

Old 05-01-2013, 01:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

low oil level will airate the oil, let it sit fill it up to the full mark then try again
Old 05-01-2013, 01:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

also check to see if it has any fuel in it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.