No fuel to upper bowl, no start - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 06:16 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No fuel to upper bowl, no start

alright, got one for ya'll. My dads truck won't crank. No fuel to upper bowl. new filters, new pump, dropped tank, blew all lines out still nothing. getting fuel to the hfcm. even took the hfcm off and apart and cleaned it out, it was pretty nasty inside. when he bought filters i told him to make sure he got fram or motorcraft, but wasn't there to see the box and he's hard headed and thinks a brand of filter isn't gonna matter. Could this be a filter problem. think i'm gonna take the filter out mine and swap it in there and see what happens. we're at our wits end here. Just don't understand why the fuel isn't getting to the motor.

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2013, 06:52 AM

It wont crank or wont start? Get motorcraft filters just to be sure thats not the issue. Did u check your fuel pump relay, fuses, hfcm relay/fuse? Do you know that your getting fuel to the hfcm? Make sure your getting voltage to the pump.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 04-15-2013, 07:14 AM

Yes it is getting fuel to the hfcm, no doubt. It's pulling it from the tank just not past that point. It turns over, just won't fire

Old 04-15-2013, 07:24 AM

Can u put a gauge on the fuel bowl to measure pressure? - Im guessing you tried cranking with the fuel bowl cap off? Make sure that primary filter IS motorcraft and installed correctly. If your water seperator was real gunked up full of sand or debri or rust. Your hfcm might be toast.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps_lane01 View Post
Can u put a gauge on the fuel bowl to measure pressure? - Im guessing you tried cranking with the fuel bowl cap off? Make sure that primary filter IS motorcraft and installed correctly. If your water seperator was real gunked up full of sand or debri or rust. Your hfcm might be toast.

He doesn't have a gauge, I could take the one off my truck if I have to. But seems pointless tho cause there is no fuel in the upper bowl. Take cap off and it's bone dry, try cranking with cap off and nothing makes it up there. You can hear the pump run. The hfcm was pretty nasty inside, rust and slime, alot of it. What's in there that can go bad. All I seen was the fuel heater and passages for the fuel to flow? Keep the ideas coming guys, really appreciate it.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:20 AM

Theres nothing in the fuel bowl that will cause it to get plugged up, going to the bowl. The fuel return line and spring is a different topic...
I have heard of ppl taking carb cleaner and coating the filter area and WIF manifold and then blowing it off very good with compressed air...

Other then that.. Hopefully someone else will pitch in

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.