Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

P1000 and KAM codes

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Young-SC-Owner 
#1 ·
2003 f350 ccsb
Did head studs egr delete cleaned the turbo blue spring all that fun stuff recently

The batteries were out of the truck (obviously) for a solid month and I just read about the vgt relearn process for the 03 and 04 I believe.... I thought that my turbo whistle sounded different pre cab off work...

Well now it's as before but I did the relearn step by step diligently and then drove it 20 miles of mixed driving truck runs/drives fine but I still get these codes KAM code (can't remember the #) and p1000 the obd II not ready code I never had head pre cab off work.

Should I have cleared the codes before the relearn (thought batteries being disconnected for more than 10 min does that anyways though)

Should I just clear them now or just need to drive the truck more?

**My tunes will be done tonight from gearhead so now I'm wondering If I need to clear these out before I load his tune??

#2 ·
Nope, keep driving on the p1000 it will go away with time... the KAM and i think thats p0603 is fine too. Mine has never gone away since using my SCT not sure exactly why that is but it shouldnt affect drivability or performance.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#3 ·
Any time I load a new tune I tend to get both of those codes and they both go away quickly.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#5 ·
KAM, Keep Alive Memory

it will go away, its just the tuner

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.