WTF????? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 07:03 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
WTF?????

Ill give you a brief account of what happened and you tell me what you think. 6 months ago, my truck went into Ford and had the #5 & #7 injectors replaced. 5 weeks ago, my truck began leaking coolant. Bring the truck into Ford, they find diesel in the coolant and tell me i have a cracked head/heads. Heads go to machine shop, and they pressure test and magnaflux them twice and cant find a crack. Then im told ford contacted an engineer who said it would have to be the fuel injector cups. I find out today from the diesel tech that when he pulled the heads, he found coolant on top of the #5 injector cup which leads him to believe the #5 cup is what the problem is. Just prior to replacing the 2 injectors 6 month ago, I did a coolant flush with restore and restore + and about 180 gallons of distilled water. I flushed it "by the book" and it took every bit of 12hrs, and replaced it with CAT 1 ELC concentrate. The diesel tech then says, "the engineer at ford said what most likely cause the #5 cup to leak was the red coolant you put in it!" IM CALLING B.S. Somebody please chime in and tell me what you think. Should I be responsible for this bill????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2013, 07:13 AM
Mod Newbie

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
The coolant didn't cause it but I don't see why you wouldn't be responsible. You had injector failure the first time in, nothing to do with a coolant issue.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:18 AM

So you think I should have to pay the bill? Might have misunderstood your post.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:22 AM
Mod Newbie

I guess I don't understand why you wouldn't have to. It's in there now for a completely different problem. Not trying to be a d**k, maybe I'm missing something.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:25 AM

Guess what im getting at is this: fuel injector cups can crack when a fuel injector is replacing and pushed or torqued down to hard. I just dont see it being a coincidence that they replaced the #5 injector in my truck 6 months ago, and now the #5 injector cup is cracked.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:28 AM
Mod Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcknight69 View Post
Guess what im getting at is this: fuel injector cups can crack when a fuel injector is replacing and pushed or torqued down to hard. I just dont see it being a coincidence that they replaced the #5 injector in my truck 6 months ago, and now the #5 injector cup is cracked.
I see your point, however, I would say that the cup would have cracked and you would have had an issue immediately after the injectors were replaced and not 6 months later.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:32 AM
Mod Newbie

I could be wrong too. Just seems like the problem would have surfaced a lot sooner.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:34 AM

In my situation, my truck is by no means a daily driver. I put 10,000 miles on it in the past 20 months. The problem was from the diesel fuel eating away at the oring and gasket. This obviously isnt something that happened overnight....im sure it took time. I get what your saying. I posted this to see what other people thought of my situation. Just trying to get a feel from what others think so I know how to react when I get the bill.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanna6powerstroke View Post
I could be wrong too. Just seems like the problem would have surfaced a lot sooner.

Thanks for your input.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:37 AM
Mod Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcknight69 View Post
In my situation, my truck is by no means a daily driver. I put 10,000 miles on it in the past 20 months. The problem was from the diesel fuel eating away at the oring and gasket. This obviously isnt something that happened overnight....im sure it took time. I get what your saying. I posted this to see what other people thought of my situation. Just trying to get a feel from what others think so I know how to react when I get the bill.
I hope it works out in your favor. I guess the thing to do would be hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
coolant leak, heads, injector cups

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.