Injector Misfire P0308 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 12:49 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Injector Misfire P0308

I was pulled a few codes from my 06 6.0 powerstroke.

P0300 random injector misfire
P0308 Injector 8 misfire
Injector contribution codes for a cylinder. I can't seem to pin it down, every time i reset either cylinder 7 or 6 comes backs sometimes neither.

I have an autoenginuity to use, I see that the CKP and CMP goes in and out of sync alot. Does this have anything to do with it.

The truck fires right off whether its hot or cold. When its cold i can see white some coming out of the tail pipe that smells like diesel, which dosnt mean much because I have a cracked head thats leaking diesel into the coolant. When the truck warms up the smoke and the buck goes away. She seems to still run like a bat out of hell. It just has a slight miss at idle plus these codes. Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2013, 12:51 PM

Ive also checked the FICM volts and they are right where they need to be. New oil and new motorcraft filters.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:06 PM
Conservative and Proud

Old 02-27-2013, 03:20 PM
Premium Member

The cracked head could easily cause this problem. Fix it before it really costs you money!

Run a check on the CKP, more than likely a bad or dirty connection. CMP as well, it could be either. It is intermittent so it runs. They usually are both needed, but once running it is possible for the CMP to use stored position data. If the CKP goes, it will quit.

You have an AE, use it! Do a contribution balance to find the cylinder. You may have do a compression test as well on the low cylinder.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:43 PM

i replaced the number 8 injector and it got rid of the P0308 misfire code. But the P0300 random cylinder misfire code is still there. Now i got a code for P0336 Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Performance/Range, so now it seems like i need a crankshaft sensor as well? Im working on getting the cracked head fixed. Hopefully my tax return gets here this week so i can buy a new head.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.