Bucking at 155 to 175 EOT - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 06:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bucking at 155 to 175 EOT

My truck has had a slight sputter or bucking to it for a while but it has been getting worse lately, More pronounced in cold weather. I am kind of at a loss as to what can be causing it. My STC just failed so I replaced the STC (upgraded) and IPR as well as the HPOP since I was in there. I was hoping that that would fix the problem since the STC was loose, But the bucking is still there.

It only happens under very little load, lower RPM's . If I make the truck downshift and spool up the turbo it stops. This makes me think it has to do with the EGR delete and not having a programmer to tell the computer that it is no longer there. Does this sound right?? I am hoping that the programmer will fix the problem (helps me sell the programmer to my wife!!)

the truck has the egr delete, Studs, blue spring mod, Factory Air intake w/CFM largemouth, Coolant filter. New HPOP, IPR, STC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2013, 06:02 AM

I use the cts to monitor, so today I was watching my FICM voltage. It stayed at 47.5 to 48V the entire time and the bucking was still there.

Is there anyway to check to see if the EGR delete is causing the issue. My egr cooller and all is deleted but the EGR valve is still installed and plugged in to keep from having the CEL. If I unplug it and get the CEL will the computer adjust to not having it and test it that way??
Old 02-27-2013, 02:45 PM

Anyone????
Old 02-27-2013, 04:09 PM
Premium Member

That is a sign of a bad injector. Get a contribution balance test done and expect at least one, maybe more.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:18 PM

I guess the shop is the only place to get that test done? I dont have any fancy equiptment, just a CTS and a Bluepoint diag tool but i dont think it does that. JHow difficult is it to change injectors, I have never done any?
Old 02-27-2013, 07:22 PM

they are not that difficult to change but at $250 each you don't want to guess which one it is.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:18 AM

If it is my injector(s) going out i plan on changing them all because I dont want another one to go out in 2-3 months and have to rip into the truck again. I have heard a bit about warren, casserly, industrial, and River city injectors but have no idea who's are the best and who's are the best for the money. Can anyone help out with that?
Old 02-28-2013, 10:33 AM
Real Men of Genius

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
From all of the 6.0 injectors I've seen, I'd either go with Warren injectors or Renegade injectors. You can either go with stock replacements or go with bigger injectors... but know that with great injectors comes great responsibility.

Just kidding... but bigger injectors will require a full fuel system.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:42 AM

So anything bigger than stock will require a bigger pump?
Old 02-28-2013, 10:55 AM
Premium Member

Not totally. 175s will be fine. Anything larger you have WOT issues if you run like that too long.

If you were concerned about down-time, as long as the injectors are not high milers, just changing one is no big deal. Have a plan for more, but you don't know what the buzz or contribution balance on a cold motor or diagnosis is. However, if you have 2 on one bank or 3 or more bad, decisions have to be made. It could be as simple as 3, a full bank or all of them. The problem is, unless you know the history of the truck, you don't know the best path to take.

Now, if you want to upgrade, set your goals, but remember yo are going to have to live with it after you create it. Choose wisely and have a total budget in mind for the power upgrade. If you go to large, you will spend a lot more on other components to make it work correctly, and you can expect parts to fail as you play with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.