over revving problem - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 04:26 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
over revving problem

I have been trying to figure this out and really getting tired of the problem. So if I rev my truck to 3k rpm it will have a slight surge and rev to like 3600 rpm then when I let off it will come down a few hundred rpms then rev itself again up slightly for a split second then finally come down. If I rev it up to then same 3k rpm let off then hit the pedal again to stumbles then revs up fine. This issue only happens around 3-3200 rpm, before or after the truck runs normal. It doesn't matter if I'm on stock or extreme tune. There is no response from the throttle pedal for the first inch of pushing it down but people say when it goes bad it won't work at all. And since I put on my s&b cold air intake if I get into a hill and throttle it at a lower rpm lets say 12-1400 rpm it will start to turbo fart after about 15seconds of pulling. The rev thing has always done this even when I bought the truck used and bone stock, the turbo fart has only been since the cold air intake.truck builds plenty of boost with little turbo lag. Near I can guess maybe two issues... sticky vanes and some other sensor iguess. This is on a 07 6.0. I have an egr delete, arp studs, ccv reroute, airdog2 with sump, cfm large mouth intake, s&b cold air intake, edge cs juice with attitude with 140 horse tune and running the atlas 80 ficm tune. The revving issue has been going on from before all these mods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2013, 06:56 AM
Premium Member

You have probably read that some poster have a somewhat dead pedal, and others have instant response. You should not have 1" of dead pedal. It is quite possible the internals of the APS are causing your problem. If they all move in unison, it will not throw a code or go into protection mode. I don't know if the Edge you have can grab the PID for the APS, but if it doesn't, it is possible to test the pedal with a digital meter. I can't remember which pins are mates or the 5v source, but a quick search or wiring diagram will tell you. The pedal (APS) is not very expensive, but they don't fail very often either. You could probably get a spare from a junk-yard to try it. This pedal is used on a large number of ford vehicles, so you don't need to find a diesel truck to get one.

If your IPR was a bit sticky you could get similar results.

With a stock system your turbo shouldn't be blowing back, unless your EGTs are high and your vanes are closed. FWIW, under load, your TC should not be lock at low RPM, your best torque is about 2400 rpm. If you force the downshift to put the power where it needs to be, 2000 rpm or higher, your truck will be much happier with no farting.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:48 AM

Forgot to mention this has a zf 6speed manual
Old 02-23-2013, 11:40 AM

Any other ideas? Ill try and get a pedal and see what that does
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.