Repeat fuel leak - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 06:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Repeat fuel leak

Hey guys, newly registered here at the site. I have visited your site as a visitor to gather info and research problems. Now I need to ask a question. I bought a 2006 F250 diesel back in December. About 3 weeks into ownership it developed a leak at the fuel lines that run from the fuel pump on the frame rail to the left front corner of the drivers' side head. It was leaking at the connections at the head. I was able to find o-rings to fit one connection but not the other, and of course that wasn't the one that was leaking. I broke down and bought the tube assy from ford and it cured the leak. Its been about 3-4 weeks and it has developed a leak at the same connection. I didn't notice any damage to the male ends of the connections when I had them apart, Any suggestions as to the root cause? Thanks for any help you may be able to help with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2013, 12:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

bump: Anybody?
Old 02-20-2013, 08:56 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Re: Repeat fuel leak

It appears the male end is the problem, inless there is a crack in the tube. Be careful, a fuel leak or failure in that area has been suspected of burning trucks up if fuel is sprayed on the exhaust manifold.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Just finished replacing the two male end tubes from the front of the head to the secondary fuel filter housing on the top of the engine. Let truck run about 15 minutes no leaks. Went on a 15mile drive, checked, and had fuel leak. Seems to still be leaking at connection at left front driver head. I dried it off, restarted truck, no leaks while idling or while brake torquing in driveway. Has to be driven. Any suggestions? I'm about ready for it to burn to the ground and call the insurance company.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:01 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Fuel leaks are especially hard to pinpoint. I see most of them originate at the secondary housing and follow the lines down.

Feel around under the regulator cover while the key is on.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

That was the next thing i was going to check. Like i said i'm having a hard time finding the leak because its not leaking while sitting idling in the driveway. I'LL post an update tomorrow afternoon.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

After further diagnosis I finally found the secondary fuel filter cap seeping. Replaced filter and o-ring and seems to have fixed the problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.