Need help and advice! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2013, 10:35 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need help and advice!

Ok starting from the beginning. Finally got gauges and watched my delta and it was due for a new cooler and new coolant. It was filthy and rusty looking. In the mean while my heat was working on and off. It would work and when you came to a stop if would blow cool air. I figured it was a result of a bad clogged heater Core. I ordered all my stuff and began my restore flushes followed by a new oil cooler/egr delete and some other updates. Now here's where my problems started. About 10,000 miles or so after the operation my coolant foamed up really bad and was leaking out the degas bottle every time the Truck got hot. So I got new coolant and took a day off and drained and flushed water through it all day. Cleaned the degas bottle out and flushed the radiator. I flushed until no suds came out. I figured it was a result of me not getting all the restore out. Well it's been about 5,000 miles or so and its foamed back up(not as bad)and leaking out again. My coolant temp is low an my oil temp is super high with my heat currently still not working. What do yal think? Did the foam clog
The new cooler? What is Yals opinion on why its doing this? I pressure tested my coolant system before the operation and showed no signs of a blown hg. I will also say the coolant system before the flush was the dirtiest I have ever seen ever. The old oil cooler had strait up peanut butter in it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2013, 10:39 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I need my truck up and running good. It's stressing me out big time. I don't know I should drain and flush again followed by new coolant and a new heater core or if my problems run deeper than that. I am not afraid to work on my truck. I did all the oil cooler egr delete by myself with no problems. I'm not going back in with putting head studs in. I'm not sure if I can handle that task. It might be over my head but can't afford to spend the 4,000 at the moment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.