Join Date: Aug 2011
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
A "door ajar" problem, but not switches...
1. 2006 F250 Crewcab Lariat
2. The rear door switches test good (with meter) and the connections are fine and in good condition.
3. When opening either rear door, the dome (overhead) light does not come on.
4. Neither rear door being opened or open triggers the "Door ajar" on the system monitor screen.
5. It is not (so far) intermittent - they don't ever work - key out, key on, engine running, etc. - the dome/overhead light never comes on light, no "door ajar" alert.
6. Both front doors switches/sensors work properly - the interior lights come on and if either is open, the system monitor properly ID's that fact.
7. All door locks work properly (with remote, keypad or door switch).
8. No other issues/problems observed at this point.
The only thing that might be related is that the locks and module that controls the door keypad entry was replaced (the "hard" code needed to be changed due to unauthorized person having it, along with a set of keys). Unfortunately, I don't know if the issue developed before or after this work - it was first noticed after, but it may have started prior to the work and went unnoticed.
It almost seems like the signals from the switches in the rear doors simply aren't reaching whatever they are supposed to reach, but since I don't know where the signal goes, I can't test that.
Has anyone seen this issue, have any suggestions as to where to start looking or what to try?