Should I buy? Get ESP? 2005 F250 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 06:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Should I buy? Get ESP? 2005 F250

86,500 miles; nice set of options; drives/shifts well with good power (unladen); very clean. A friend who worked for six years as a Ford diesel mechanic looked it over and drove it too, and did not see any issues.

Anyone here able to run an Oasis report for me? (1FTSW21PX5ED33282)

Any sugestions on the ExtraCare (called Premium some places) Ford warranty for 36 months/36,000 miles priced at about $2,500?

Appreciate your thoughts,

Chris
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2013, 12:02 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I would pull the egr valve. Make sure there is no white residue on the degas bottle. One thing when you do a egr delete u will need to modify the up pipe because of a.scoop in there. Sounds like a good buy I would see if they would let you warm it up and druve with a monitor hooked up to check eot and ect
Old 02-27-2013, 04:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Chris,
Before today I would recommend the FORD ESP warranty. But... Sunday I dropped my 2005 F250 off at North Point Ford in Little Rock. I was concerned that: 1.the turbo was a little loud and 2. the batteries were being drained when setting for more than three days. I figured the $100 deductible under ESP would be worth it, especially since the truck has 10,000 miles left under warranty and if there was a problem I wanted it resolved now. The service manager called me, and I also had a long talk with the tech doing the work. They said they could not find anything wrong with the truck after doing the extensive diagnostics routine. The tech said he drove the truck three times, and it was a really sweet running 6.0 and an extremely nice truck. Today I picked up the vehicle and they gave the bill, $496.00. $350.00 for diesel diagnostics and $109.0 to check charging system. I said I thought it should be covered by warranty, and they said because they could not find a problem I would have to pay the entire bill. If they had found a problem my cost would have been $100. So I paid the whole thing and drove about 75 miles home. When I started the truck (it had set overnight and was cold) the engine fired off better than it had for a couple of years. The turbo sure sounds better (quieter), just like it was when new. Both of these issues are a little subjective, so I really can't prove anything. I have to wonder if it isn't easier to collect $ from the customer than from the Ford ESP program. Since I have the truck for sale, at least I can let prospective buyers know it has been checked by a Ford technician who says he can find nothing wrong with it. So, do I recommend Ford ESP? Maybe, but make sure you have a "real" problem before you ask Ford to look at it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.