Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

oil leak???

953 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  southend 
#1 ·
hey i have an 06 superduty i was under it the other day i have an oil leak mostly around the whole oil pan and more between oil pan and front of transmission. i am still waiting to put my egr delete in and oil cooler cause i know the history of the 6.0. everything above the bottom of oil pan seems to be dry so do you think it could be just a bad gasket hopefully?? i love this truck but worried about the amount of money im gonna put into it which thankfully i have 67000 miles on my 6.0 and not one problem yet. also my coolant is getting low can i just top it off and what kind of coolant do i use??? thanks

#4 ·
If you have never done any maintenance on your cooling system, you are way overdue. More than likely you have ford gold g05 as stated in the manual. If you are losing coolant you may want to pull your egr valve an inspect for wetness in there. Get a monitor on your truck.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.