low ficm volts KOEO - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 04:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
low ficm volts KOEO

ok guys i would like to first say hello as im new to the forum.

2nd i got my first diesel truck about 2 months ago. I picked up a 2006 f250 6.0 loaded and i like it alot. when i got it i new it needed a front end job but i didnt know it was starting so hard after sitting over night.

I installed a scangauge II and programed alot of the xGauges and noticed that when i first turn the key on in the morning the volts drop to 31 or so on the main power to my FIMC, if i wait 30 sec or so it builds back up to 48. my batt volts drops to around 11.3. once the truck is running the volts are around 48, and batt volts are around 13.9

Also the truck runs very rough till it warms up 5 mins or so. My dad has a f550 and it runs hard for maybe 30 sec.

i have a couple questions. could i install the FICM from his f550 6.0 onto my truck to see if it runs better? would it run better right away? What else could it be if this isnt it, Bad Injector(s)?

i did research this but didnt find much on the low volts with KOEO most seem like they had problems when cranking.

thanks alot
Ed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2013, 05:20 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
well it depends what year is your dads 550? if its a 05-06-07 you can swap the lower half of the ficm which is the power side that's if its the same pin there is 7 pin and 4 pin. you more than likely have the 4 pin being a 06. if i was you i would get the bullet proof diesel ficm they use all military grade electronics in them run anywhere from 500-700$ if not order a new lower half from international costed me 200$ part#5010598r92 tell them its for a vt365. but ALWAYS make sure your alternator and batteries are in tip top shape that is what kills these units in a finger snap.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

thanks for the reply

How does a FICM repair stack up to the BPD FICM, i have seen the repair places on the internet.

and wouldnt the volts from the batts and alt seem good based off the numbers from the scangauge. this hard start and low FICM main power only happens after the truck sits for a long time and cools off.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:38 PM

yeah very common symptom. i have heard the ficm repair.com is pretty good ed has got a lot of good reviews as well as swamps diesel but if it was my coin and i had it i would go with bullet proof all military grade electronics & comes with a pretty cool billet case too
Old 01-21-2013, 06:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

thanks again for the help ill look into both repairing or replacing. Guess it just comes down to how much i want to pay.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:15 PM

no problem. and yes the golden answer is how large the coin is in your pocket. And another little FYI i wouldnt drive the truck with the volts being that low i have known many that have lost injectors for that very reason
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.