Egr delete with options - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 12:58 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Egr delete with options

So. While my truck is in the shop getting the egr delete I figured to have the whole truck bullet proof once and for all. I'm going to order a kit with the arp studs, black diamond head gaskets, but I'm confused on oil cooler to use. I'm given two options, a ford cooler or a Dorim cooler(I've might have spelled it wrong) I've tried to do some research on it but have come up empty handed. The shop where the truck is at says he has used both and haven't had troubles with either. Does anyone have any input? I order a tuner as well, hoping with tax money a exhaust is in the near future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 01:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Not sure if you man black onyx gaskets? I've seen a lot of stuff about then failing too. From what I've read, stock gaskets with studs is the way to go.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:22 PM

Will the stock gaskets work with the truck at around 500 hp. I planning on doing a lot of towing in the near future.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:27 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I know a guy with a twin turbo 6.0 that used stock head gaskets.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:18 PM
Premium Member

Oem oil cooler and head gaskets only. Your shop should know that already. Don't say you haven't been forewarned.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:13 AM

The shop is giving me the options of buying the aftermarket parts I want or they will use the standard aftermarket package they usually go with. I figured that since I have time just waiting for my truck to be transported from Georgia to Florida I will see what are all my options. So far all I know is that the egr cooler is bad which means that the oil cooler will be replaced. I thinking of have them do the head studs and exhaust while the truck is there to save time of havin to come back a second time. They work on custom mud truck and fire engines for the local community. They will wrench on other fire fighters vehicles on the side. I'm calling them this morning and telling them to do what ever it takes to get the truck back on the road again. I'm never taking another vacation again
Old 01-20-2013, 10:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I just got a quote from the dealer and the OEM oil cooler is $473 -- another example of Ford price gouging given its rather simplistic and problematic design "featuring" narrow passage ways prone to clog.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

BTW and you'll love this --- the same dealer gave me a quote of $76 for two transmission cooling line to radiator connectors.

I picked these up later at a plumbing supply distributor for $12 total.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:45 AM
Premium Member

Re: Egr delete with options

We have supporting vendors here that can get you much better deals on oem parts.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:14 PM

The shop where I'm have the truck repaired at is charging me $1700 for the egr delete, oil cooler upgrade and cleaning of the turbo and others that go along with this repair. The truck just got back into the state today from being in Georgia, three different had contracts to transport the vehicle and two of them fu$ked around for a week. I'm just glad to get the truck back in Florida where I can get tools out of it that I need. Another week in the shop getting fix is not goi g to be a problem. It's amazing that ford knows about this problem and refuses to do a recall to fix it. Everyone I know that has a 6.0 has now gone throught this, I was the only one still stock out of everyone I knew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.