IPR Gen2 Delete Leak - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 10:44 AM
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
IPR Gen2 Delete Leak

Yesterday I finished installing my IPR Gen2 EGR delete kit, along with a bunch of other stuff. Today I noticed about 1/2 gallon of coolant on the ground under the truck. Looking around there is coolant in the valley of the engine. It looks like it is coming from where the delete attaches to the oil cooler. I may have gotten my o-rings mixed up and left the standard o-rings that come with the oil cooler on it and not replaced it with the ones from IPR. My question does anyone know if the oil cooler o-ring that comes with the IPR Gen2 kit is larger than the o-ring that comes on the oil cooler. I want to make sure my suspicions are correct before I start tearing into it again. Thanks for the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2013, 07:05 PM
Emergency Services

Well got a call back from IPR this evening and they said their supplied o-ring is the same size as the factory one supplied with the new oil cooler. They include one in case you were not swapping the cooler when you did the delete. Though I would post that up in case someone else wonders the same thing.

Now the only problem is to track sown this coolant leak!
Old 01-13-2013, 08:43 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
what about the top one that goes on the delete and up into the intake manifold?

then there is the large o-ring that sits on top of the front cover?
Old 01-13-2013, 05:07 PM
Emergency Services

Thanks for the ideas. I am looking at those right now. I think it is coming from one of two places. Either where the delete goes into the intake manifold or it could be coming from the nipple off of the manifold that returns to the coolant reservoir. The problem is I can see coolant but I can not see it leaking. My next step is to get a coolant pressure tester and use that to track down the leak.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:43 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
good luck and let us know what you find.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:49 AM
Emergency Services

Well just to update you guys. I had 2 leaks going on. The larger of the two was coming from the upper radiator hose where it attaches to the thermostat. The funny part was I never took that connection apart because I took it out as one unit. I replaced the hose and replaced the lower clam with a screw style clamp. The Gen2 was also leaking from where it goes into the intake manifold. It ended up being a very small leak. I loosened it and tightened it back down again and the leak has gone away. Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.