05 6.0L Super Crew with problems - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2007, 01:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
05 6.0L Super Crew with problems

Hello all I need some advice to see if I am just being paranoid about my PSD. About a week ago I noticed an oil puddle under my trucks passenger (not large but a minor constant dripping for a while after the truck is shut down) side. I crawled up under it and could not determine where the oil was leaking from but it was running down and dripping off the starter. The crazy thing is now it has been in the low 30's at night and only in the low 50's during the day and I have not noticed it leaking any oil????? Also this week I noticed when I shut my truck down I hear a slight growling noise coming from the turbo. Could these 2 problems be connected or am I just over thinking things? The truck runs fine.... but the dealership had to work on the egr and some sort of valve timing module had to be replaced about 3 weeks ago. I have an appointment to get it looked at for the oil leak but what about the turbo noise???? any help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2007, 01:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I have a 05 F250 6.0 and when I shut it down I hear , it sounds like , air or a maybe a growl coming from the air intake ( by the grill).It might be some sort of pressure relief thing, I don't really know
Old 11-10-2007, 05:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I hear the growling sound, too. Personally, I think Big Duke just doesn't like being shut down. It's sort of an Awwww.... I want to go out and scare some more SUV's.

I wouldn't be surprised if the shop left something loose. Leaking oil a couple of weeks after someone has been messing around with the engine, could be someone loosened an oil line and didn't get it back on right.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the advice that is kind of what I was thinking to. I was used to hearing the turbo spool down but it seems to sound a little different ....like the bearings in the turbo are grinding on metal or something....oh well Ford has her now and they say I should have it back in a few weeks (everything runs very slowly here at our local delarship in Maryville TN) The last time only took the 5 weeks to fix!
Old 11-14-2007, 05:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

The growl is probably the turbo but every truck Iv seen so far that has done that has either gone at least another 70k miles after it started making the noise or the turbo is replaced for some other reason. As for the leak could be anything in the vally of the engine somtimes it goes left somtimes right somtimes both so who knows untill you can see it in person.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:54 PM

Is it condesation from the A/C?
Old 11-20-2007, 02:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

It is definetly oil, I thought that might be the case as well but it stained my driveway and upon inspection it smelled and felt like oil and it was brown. The Ford dealership has it now and the service manager said , by my description it sounds like the turbo is taking a dive, but who knows maybe just typical shut down noise. They are way behind and have had it for almost 2 weeks now. I am hoping to see it in another couple. It has 75K on it so while the engine is still covered I want to get it in shape to run. Thanks for all the replies
Old 11-20-2007, 02:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks again for all the help, please keep the info coming
Old 11-20-2007, 02:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Your truck is Bad A$$, you need to post more videos of you running it.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:33 PM

YouTube - Powerstroke no muffler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.