"Turbo Dusted" Dealers are a Joke - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2007, 09:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
"Turbo Dusted" Dealers are a Joke

Went to the dealer today because my 04 powerstroke was making a funny ticking noise all the time, the dealer called in an engineer from ford and he said do to my AFE Cold air intake that there was too much dirt in my turbo and "DUSTED" it up, he said it would have to be replaced but ford wouldn't pay for it and for the ticking noise they said they would have to break down the motor and look at the internal parts but i would more than likely have to pay for that too. HELP Truck only has 30,000 miles on it, what do i do. P.S Drove the truck home, ran like a brand new one, other than the ticking noise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2007, 09:57 PM
Serving Our Country!

put the old intake back on and take it to a different dealer. or tell them to prove that the afe was the cause.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:01 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

i would go with the put the stock intake on and go to the other dealership
Old 11-08-2007, 12:08 AM
HardLuck Case of the Year

Send a message via AIM to Ditty Send a message via Yahoo to Ditty
This reminds me of a phone call I got from AAMCO when they had my truck for the tranny replacement.

"Uhh..Mr. Dittfurth? Are you aware that your truck isn't stock? There seems to be a device that allows the turbo to produce excessive boost, some how the Wastegate is no longer installed, There is a knob on the dash that allows incredible performance increase, There is a switch on the shifter that looks like it operates a bottle behind the seat labled 'Nitrous Express', and the intake is not 'stock looking'." We need to you explain the knob more b/c for some reason the truck will not travel over 35 MPH. Also, what is the big red switch for in the gauge pod?"

I had to goto the shop and tell them to "Touch NOTHING except the transmission!!!" They still didn't listen.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:07 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I would assume they already made a note of it about your afe if they had an engineer come down. So when the "other" dealership pulls up your truck info, BAM, there is that info. That is just what I would assume if that happened to me. but yea, you can ask them to prove that the afe "dusted" your turbo. Sucks you took it in there with that afe on. shot yourself in the foot. Instead of taking steps forward to fix your rig you'll be limping around to get it fixed. lol good luck to you sir and welcome to the org.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:05 AM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Blue01F250 Send a message via Yahoo to Blue01F250
Definately take it to a different dealer
Old 11-08-2007, 03:16 AM

Different dealer. If they did not give you a paper to sign stating that your warranty was voided, then your probably ok. Every voided warranty I have ever heard of the customer signed a paper about the void. I believe thats how it goes. Maybe one of the garage techs will chime in on that.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:57 AM

Send a message via MSN to R.KV*22*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditty View Post
This reminds me of a phone call I got from AAMCO when they had my truck for the tranny replacement.

"Uhh..Mr. Dittfurth? Are you aware that your truck isn't stock? There seems to be a device that allows the turbo to produce excessive boost, some how the Wastegate is no longer installed, There is a knob on the dash that allows incredible performance increase, There is a switch on the shifter that looks like it operates a bottle behind the seat labled 'Nitrous Express', and the intake is not 'stock looking'." We need to you explain the knob more b/c for some reason the truck will not travel over 35 MPH. Also, what is the big red switch for in the gauge pod?"

I had to goto the shop and tell them to "Touch NOTHING except the transmission!!!" They still didn't listen.
Hahahhahaha
By the way JD
Old 11-08-2007, 05:09 AM

ouch, try the diff dealer route, i sure would hope it all works out for ya, if not upgrade the turbo anyways......
Old 11-08-2007, 05:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

This sounds like it could fall under the magnuson-moss law. Do some home work and talk to a lawyer if posible and get your rights protected under this law. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.