Problems With The Dealer - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2007, 08:49 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Problems With The Dealer

Anyone know any good dealers in the North KC area?? Took my truck in after it died and wouldn't start. Replaced the HPOP and now the turbo is all messed up, aftermarket parts are missing from my truck, other parts were fixed with super glue that they broke, and to top it all off I had them put in two new batteries that I bought from them and they charged me labor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2007, 08:51 AM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

Wow I would make them go good on the parts they broke!
Old 11-05-2007, 09:24 AM
Conservative and Proud

Aftermarket parts missing??? Labor for batteries? Superglue?

Dude I'd be getting ahold of the BBB #1 and filing a complaint!
Old 11-05-2007, 10:51 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to eazenutz33
Wow.....how does your rear feel?

where did you take it in KC??? I live north of the river in KC and can contact a buddy of mine whos a tech for ford and see if he can guide me where the best dealership in the KC area is. I personally take my truck to Gary Crossley Ford just on the other side of I-35 from Liberty. They've seemed to be pretty good, but have failed to tighten the bolts for the tube from the turbo to the cooler and I've been told those are to be tightened with every oil change. Other than that I haven't noticed anything else bad, and I've left a deer rifle, .45 CCW, and over $500 cash in the truck without a problem.

Lemme know where you went, if only by PM, I want to avoid that place like the plague if I can!

Contacting Missouri BBB wouldn't be a bad idea, but typically you have to make a complaint first with the manager at that business I believe, otherwise I dont think they'll let you just leave a permanent comment about them. Ask for the manager, if you dont get results there, I know NBC41 news LOVES to exploit places who screw their customers over. Usually gets you the results you want for yourself and your truck....and makes alot of negative press for the dealership. If you threaten this to the dealer in the wrong manner tho, they'll lock up and say nothing to you or anyone else, you gotta do it without saying anything to them.

Last edited by eazenutz33; 11-05-2007 at 10:57 AM. Reason: lil more
Old 11-06-2007, 04:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The best thing to do is call Ford Customer Relations hot line. The number is: 1-866-631-3788. (I keep this number in my wallet!) I have had some issues here in Jackson, MS. at some dealers. They even sent a zone manager to one dealer after my truck sat there for 2 weeks before they looked at it. It was mysteriously fixed the same day the zone manager paid them a visit! My truck is at a dealership now, and Ford is picking up the rental car at their expense. They even extended my powertrain warranty to 200,000 miles, and waived the $100 deductables. It pays to complain sometimes.

Last edited by bigiron1973; 11-07-2007 at 01:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.