no speedometer or tach reading, no power windows... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 01:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
no speedometer or tach reading, no power windows...

working on a buddys 06 f250 with the 6.0. he went to start it this morning and notices he had no cluster illimination, no tach or speedo readings, no power windows, no interior lights, no radio and probably a few more powerless components im forgetting. We pulled all fuses that seemed even hardly relevent but couldnt track down anything. Ive done some searching with very few results. Truck starts fine, all exterior lighting works, radio has power( if you hit eject it works). It seems like im missing acessory power, but then again ill get dash lights such as airbag and what not like you normally would with the key in the run position. Also, wipers and power locks work fine. Thanks for any input!

Last edited by 9473idiford; 01-05-2013 at 01:22 PM. Reason: more info to add haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2013, 02:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

and also, we just drove it to seem if it would change any, it lags hard and surges under acceleration. how could this all be tied together? also, its dark out now, and i realized the cluster illumination does work, but not a single gauge. just lights up
Old 01-05-2013, 03:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I had the same problem about a month ago with my truck and its an 06 too. It freaked out with the same symptoms over and over for 2 days straight then all the sudden went away. I was told it was some kind of power relay but not sure which one. If i find out, i will let you know.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The IC(Instrument Cluster)supplies the PCM with the fuel level input.When the IC is inop the PCM doesn't receive a fuel level input so it assumes the fuel level is 0% and a DTC P115A(Low Fuel Level-Forced Limited Power)is stored.When this DTC sets the PCM operates the engine in a reduced power mode to protect the injectors from low fuel pressure.When the IC issue is resolved,the loss of power will be repaired as well.Im gonna look at some wiring diagrams and reply with my advice on what to check.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

You need to check the IC powers and grounds first.All of your inop components are powered by the Battery Saver Relay which is internal to the IC.It is not serviced separately.Check fuses #2,33,35,41&45 in the CJB(fuseblock below steering column)first.If they are all good,you'll have to remove IC to check for powers and grounds at the IC connectors.Good Luck.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Make sure the connectors on the Instrument Cluster are seated properly.

If you ever pull out the cluster, you get the same symptoms as soon as you pull the connectors...

Lee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.