diesel in oil - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 06:03 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
diesel in oil

Hi, i just bought an 03 f250 got it super cheap knowing some things needed fixing ie steering box, ball joints, exhaust leak somewhere, but i checked the oil dipstick and smelt diesel, i am waiting for my mechanic to free up some space to work on the other things but am worried about this, i also noticed when im driving if i have the pedel maybe halfway down cruising somewhere around 1500 RPMs if i push down a little i get no response and the rpms stay about the same and i hear a like a air sound but if i floor it or take my foot off and push down again its fine, i can floor it from a stop and and have no prob flying away, is that maybe my fuel pump?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2012, 06:16 AM
Serving Our Country!

Send a message via Yahoo to REGSHD
I was watching the XDPpower challenge there was a truck that had the same problem with fuel in the oil and the crew from ATS in the video said it was from damaged fuel injectors. From reading on here injector can have problems from HPOP and a number of other problems. To many for me to list I'll leave that to the seasoned vet on here to give more detailed info. Hope that points you in a direction.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:49 AM

hmm thanks! when i bought it they told me it had 2 new injectors. i wonder if theyre failing
Old 12-29-2012, 07:29 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You could do yoir own work and save alot of money, heck if you got the truck cheap, use it to fix it. We can get you going here, and there are a ton of videos on youtube. Make sure you get a monitor on the truck, read all the stickies. Injectors that are loose, damaged, or cracked injector tps will dump fuel. Do you have excessive smoke? There is an updated, fpr sping that you can install for low fuel pressure. Best to get a guage on it and check it out, less than 45psi will kill injectors. Welcome.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:42 AM

Thanks for the welcome! when its cold out theres whitish smoke for a couple of minutes but other than that i have to really get on in on a higher tune to get any smoke, i think it sounds like its running ok, here is a vid of it https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=je2SWfN9w_4
Old 12-29-2012, 07:49 AM
Premium Member

Those banks tuners are really not idea for these truck, bad on transmissions too. Personally I would stay away from tuners if not studded. Jmo. You need a good monitor to check for codes. You should load test your batteries, and perform the ficm check procedure.

Old 12-29-2012, 07:55 AM

ok, ive read a lot of bad things about the banks, i plan on getting a custom SCT, it has brand new interstate batts, should i get a scan gauge?
Old 12-29-2012, 08:07 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackattack6.0 View Post
ok, ive read a lot of bad things about the banks, i plan on getting a custom SCT, it has brand new interstate batts, should i get a scan gauge?
If you insist on getting a tuner, I understand that the new livewire ts 5015 is the way to go. There is a thread on here about them. Otherwise, the scanguage is good for the money, a little lacking on code reading. I have an edge cts, it's nice. You know what you can afford, anything is better than nothing. Monitoring......Write Up: Monitoring the 6.0L PSD.

Old 12-29-2012, 08:49 AM
Serving Our Country!

Send a message via Yahoo to REGSHD
[QUOTE=mackattack6.0;3422592]hmm thanks! when i bought it they told me it had 2 new injectors. i wonder if theyre failing[/QUOTEt
That's just fishy to replace just one or two injectors if one is bad the commone cents wou
D tell you that the rest aren't to far behind them for going bad. And to just replace one might as well replace them all. I know I just had all 8done to my truck. Tuttle cost for injectors and labor was 3k and some change. But I know I won't have that problem again for a very long time if it comes up again.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:04 AM
Premium Member

I respectfully disagree with replacing all eight, in general. The injectors are complex components, so if you replace all eight, and one fails in a short amount of time, are you going to replace all eight again? I think not. Running the truck out of fuel, with low fuel pressure, oil changes way beyond recommended, without filters, or plain lack of maintenance, maybe. In general, no. I replaced one 2k miles ago, everything is fine. Jmho.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.