no turbo/boost pressure - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 09:47 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
no turbo/boost pressure

I sprayed engine cleaner/degreaser on my engine to clean it last night...i didnt get real close to anything and used the fan kind of tip..this was at a buddies i then dorve a few miles home and started trying to figure out a overhead computer problem im having with not getting power to the thing...anyways

My question is do any of these plugs in the picture mainly the 2 black ones have anything to do with the turbo at all? I had unplugged the two, checking which wires had power etc with key on and off tying to diagnose hte overhead computer issue.

I just want to make sure my problem is directly related to my powerwashing fyi i did check the 1/4" hose from my map to mainfold is still on........ at lunch in a few minutes im going to pull it off and make sure its clear and nothing blocking on the inside.
Attached Thumbnails
no turbo/boost pressure-picture-097.jpg   no turbo/boost pressure-picture-099.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2012, 09:53 AM
Mod Newbie

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Those have nothing to do with your turbo, and most likely not causing the overhead console issue. I'll bet if you pull the console down and get to the display, you'll find at least on chip broken loose from the circuit board.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:24 AM

well i tooke that line off and blew through (compressed air) and also disconnected that clip that plugs right into the turbo quick blew both sides of that plugged everything back in and its good must of been little moisture in there or somewhere

The overhead computer was already sent out and repaired i was down in that area tracing the power wire to it...i get no power to my plug that the thing plugs into, but i get power to the wire coming right off the fuse theres a splice somewhere in the truck according to the diagram where it must be broke was trying to find it...still am its where the wire goes from light blue/pink to /red/yellow but anyways glad my turbos spooling up again
Old 12-19-2012, 10:28 AM
Mod Newbie

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Well, now I have no idea. I don't have a wiring schematic even to help out.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanna6powerstroke View Post
Well, now I have no idea. I don't have a wiring schematic even to help out.

lt blu/pink to red/yellow
Attached Thumbnails
no turbo/boost pressure-overhead.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.