Rev x is amazing - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 05:09 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rev x is amazing

I have had injector issues for years. Rough idle on cold starts and heavy missing in winter on cold starts and I live in Louisiana. I have changed about 4 injectors since I bought the truck new in 2006 and I have 148,000 miles with lots of performance mods (190 injectors, big turbo, tuning, exhaust, methanol, etc). I saw rev x about a year ago and was skeptical. I have two injectors failing contribution test (injector 2 and 4) and it takes about 20 minutes of driving on cold days to heat soak everything and get these injectors to start working. I was about to begin the injector change process, which sucks cause I have to buy injectors, remove my performance ones, disassemble them and swap parts, and install. I decided to try two things first- block heater cable and rev x. I ordered both. Only the rev x came in yesterday. Put one bottle in cause my oil still has 2,000 miles left on it. Ran it a few minutes last night to circulate it some. This morning temp in 30's and start truck. Wow! I am in shock. The truck starts and idles smooth. I can tell one injector is still probably bad, but it sounds like it has been running for hours. It is very smooth. When I rev it up it actually revs. Before it would sound horrible like it was just too cold to run. I don't know what is in this little bottle, but trust me, if you have strict ion problems with rough idle on cold starts, this is an absolute cure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 05:11 AM

Again, revx is simply unbelievable. I can't believe I suffered this b.s. rough idle crap all this time because I was skeptical.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:01 AM

put the other bottle in and run it for a few weeks before you give up on the injector.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:41 PM

I should an may, but it is difficult to wrap my mind around the cost of doing that. Is that from experience or what others are saying?? I may wait to see how it starts in the morning and runs again tomorrow. I am also going to slear the codes out and look at it again on cold start tomorrow morning using my auto enguinity. If only one injector is misfiring, I will do just that.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:55 AM

what about re ringing the injectors? if your problem goes away after a warm up i would look into a 5 dollar part vs a 220 dollar part.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:06 PM

For now my problems are solved and no more failed contributions. However, when you say re-ring what exactly do you mean. Copper washer? o-rings, all of the above? I will most definitely do that next time. The problem in the past is that it was always an off injector on the passenger side, which is so hard to get to. This was the first time I had an even injector so I would definitely try that cause that side is super quick to access.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:26 PM

Make sure to run both bottles of revx in there at the same time for a few thousand miles. That should help out a ton!
Old 12-14-2012, 03:03 PM

ALright, I am sold. I will pour the second bottle in there since I have 2,000 miles remaining on this oil. I change t every 4,000. I was trying not to but everyone seems to strongly suggest it. Just trying to be cheap. I guess since the first one has worked so damn well, and my truck is running like a cadillac, quicker response, faster turbo spool up, etc., I will bite the $30 bullet. Then my oil changes will now cost an extra $30. Thank God I do everything myself and my truck has not been in the shop for so many years I can't remember. That saves a bunch of money and headaches fmr the idiots I had to deal with in the past, excepot for Coy's Diesel in Gonzales, LA. He is awesome.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:18 PM
Premium Member

I thought I'd try Rev X but I found out AFTER it arrived that I needed two bottles. Oh well, put the one in and see what it does. The surge I would get (only on the first move of the day) has gone. I think the truck is quieter, but the wife disagrees. Eh, what do they know about being OCD about a vehicle!?! I also noticed that the blue smoke that would accompany cold starts that I wrote off with constricting valve seals has dramatically reduced.

Bottom line, I was so impressed that I went through Amazon this time and bought the other bottle. Yes, I spent $65+, but the fact is, it was worth it for the changes that I have seen.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:37 PM

Karl, trust me and use it. I was up to 4 injectors failing contribution test and my truck sounded retarded on a cold startup. I would idle ot for 10 minutes and it would still take me about 3 miles of feather footing the throttle before that awkward no power feeling would finally disappear. No lie, it was 30+ degrees this morning and it started and purred like a kitten. I hooked up autoenguinity and no injector codes. I idled it about 2 minutes and started out with no low power issues whatsoever. I also noticed that my truck responds much faster. I have a big turbo (71mm) with a large a/r so I need my injectors to work to spin it quickly. They are doing it now better than ever before. I think my injectors were responding to slow and it was like retarding the timing on a gas motor. Just my thoughts. I don't care who says what about Rev X, I have to use it from now on. I am not affiliated with them in any way. I was skeptical for over a year now before I broke down and bought it. I paid $65 for two bottles free shipping on Ebay from a place out of Texas so I got it in 2 days. I am in Louisiana. It pisses me off that I have fought injector issues for years and all it took was a small bottle of this stuff. It is priced ridiculously high, but hell they made an awesme product that works so I have no choice but to pay it. Maybe they will send me a free bottle or two for conveying my experience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.