oil leak - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2007, 10:26 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
oil leak

Just went under my truck (2005 6.0) to look at exhaust and turbo down pipe. Noticed some oil on pan and near trans. It's not leaking enough to drip on ground but you can definatley tell it is coming from higher up then the oil pan. Is this a common problem? Could it be the head gasket.
Truck has been running fine so far. Should I bring it to the dealership for them to take a look?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2007, 06:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have had a '03 F250 and now a 06 F350 and both have had small amounts of oil at the end of the engine and front of the trans as you describe.
I got it fixed the first time but it was a hassel and started leaking again soon after. So, now I'm not that interested in having the truck go back to the dealer unless I see oil on the driveway.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:37 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via MSN to WILLIAM LORCH
in My humble opinion i offer this bit of wisdom after having been around and running diesels and aircraft al of my adult life: If a radial engine,or a diesel isnt leaking oil it means the engine is mostlikley out of oil.... or a repair for a oil leek on a diesel engine a 9/16ths red rag............ Bill
Old 10-30-2007, 08:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks guys. I though it might be normal espesially on the short trips back and forth to work. If it start to leave oil on the ground i'll have the dealer look at it.
This morning i started up and no heat. Tempature control and outside temp not working. When I got back in about 30 minutes later and started it back up everything was fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.