No start issue-explanation on codes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 07:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No start issue-explanation on codes

First time poster here. I was pulling onto the local highway about 2 weeks ago and all of a sudden my truck just died and couldn't get it re-started. So i towed it home. I read the no start thread and tried to troubleshoot as much as i could, but ran into the problem of not having some of the specific test equipment, so I sent to a local diesel truck repair shop. Oh, let me say its a 06 F350 6.0 powerstroke with about 66K miles on it. The codes that they downloaded are and supposedly what they are:
-P0098, intake air temp sensor 2 circuit high input
-P0601, fuel injector control module performance
-P0672, cyclinder 2 glow plug circuit
-P1000, drive cycle not complete
-P2285, injection control pressure sensor circuit low

The mechanic then told me that the fuel injector pump needs replaced. Yeah, a +$700 part according to him. So i got looking and found out that there is no such thing as a fuel injector pump--so is this actually the FICM? If it is, I will pull it and have rebuild. He also said that once this is fixed, another code should disappear (didn't really clarify which code(s))......
So if anyone could enlighten me on what the actual replacement parts are for each particular code, it would be appreciated (I have tried searching for the fixes on all of these codes but really haven't had any luck).
I am fairly new to diesels, and am all confused on the acronyms and such but trying to figure things out and want to make sure Im not getting taken for my money!
By trade I was an aircraft mechanic, but this truck isn't anything close to a military aircraft!!
Thanks all!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 03:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
re codes

ficm performance check voltage it should be 48 v crank and see if drops with scan tool monitor icp pressure 600 psi to start low pressure means stuck ipr valve - due to damaged screen under oil cooler or hi pressure leak 05 and up usually dummy plugs in the rails or leaking inj o- rings where rail goes into injector does oil pressure guage comes up when you crank ? if not remove oil filter have someone crank engine for few sec and see if oil level goes up in the oil filter housing if does not stuck oil press regulator or damaged low pressure oil gear pump in the front cover usually lifters coming a part and metal goes thru it damaging gears and cover
Old 11-30-2012, 03:56 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
First you need a monitor.....Write Up: Monitoring the 6.0L PSD.
A scanguage II, is cheap, all you ned for monitoring and diagnosing, these issues. Disconnect the icp on the right front valve cover and see if it starts, if it does, the sensor is bad. If it doesn't you most likely have a hpo(high pressure oil) leak. Next load test your batteries and perform the ficm check procedure.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Batteries and alternator checked good. I pulled ICP sensor and it didnt start. We did a FICM test but it showed 48v, but the engine wasn't cold, not sure what it dropped to when I turned the key though. Pulled oil filter bowel and switched ignition on and the bowl filled up quick. Going to pull the FiCM and send off for rebuild, can't afford the ridiculous price of +700 for a rebuilt one from ford! Fuel pressure seemed good to but didnt test if off secondary fuel filter, didnt have the special fitting, so we tied into after fuel pump, and it showed pressure, don't recall the psi though.,,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.