FICM - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 02:11 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
FICM

Ok hear it is gonna be a little long but because I've done my homework. When I start truck the Edge always reads 48.5 to 49 volts when starting. Today I started edge up so screen would show pids before during whole time from initial key turn (never done that before) My ficm voltage at initial turn was 36 and going up steadily battery volts were 11.2. By the time glow plug light out the voltage was 49 and battery voltage 11.6. During start the ficm didn not move at all stayed at 49.
After glows shut off my battery voltage is 14.1. If I don't start insight first I would not have noticed ficm volts down at all cause they rise quick. I read that the ficm takes battery voltage and multiplies it by 3. So if that's the case it seems all is working as it should 11.2 x 3 is 36. During day starting warm voltage stayed 49 whole start up. Every time I started it I would start edge early.
Batteries load tested today and are fine. CCA is actually a little higher than batteries have for a rating on them. The truck starts fine runs strong and it was 25 out today. Had no smoke skip nothing. It is a 2006 f 350 Harley model with 66k on clock.
Thanks Josh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 02:29 AM

Anybody?? Does it all seem to be working properly?
Old 11-30-2012, 03:13 AM
Premium Member

Mine did the same thing. It finally got to as low as 30v and in 10 seconds was at 48v. I had it repaired. I also never tried starting until the volts reached 48v.

Better safe than sorry, get the FICM fixed. I used FICMrepair.com. Also, my fuel mileage went up a little after being fixed. Not saying yours will.

Here is a video I did on my voltages for the FICM.

Old 12-05-2012, 11:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

had similar issues, Ed at FICMrepair.com fixed it up right, now for the EGR delete!
Old 12-05-2012, 11:32 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
yeah id get it fixed i would hate to see it kill your injectors.... does it fluctuate under WOT?
Old 12-05-2012, 05:05 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ficm voltage less than 46v, ficm is going bad. Where did you read ficm v = batt. x 3? Thats just not correct.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:42 AM

It only drops on first start of day. I just did a trip from mass to Georgia and back 2500 miles in all just got back today. Voltage drops to 42 at most on first cold start. I wait till it hits 48 and start it. It doesn't drop at start or at wot it fluctuates between 48-49 while driving towing a trailer and occasionally hits 47.5. Is this something I can wait a month for the cash. Between trip and ebrakes cables freezing up to point of needing replacement right before trip I'm a little tight. It's not my daily driver once or twice a week. I would have never noticed it dropping on startup unless I pushed screen on cts and waited for it to load up. When just turn key and screen finally comes up its always at 48-49. Truck runs awesome as well. So no signs of anything.

I meant to say x4 for the voltage. Read it here I think was almost two weeks ago on a search.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:51 AM
Premium Member

The consensus here is that less than 45v, your injectors will suffer/or be damaged. The coils. People have run them unknowingly and eventually ended up with failed injectors. As to whether it was coil failure, noone ever reports back on that. Basically, it's a gamble, imo. Try ficmrepair.com, great reviews.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:47 AM

I am gonna use them but question is does it hurt them if they are not firing under that voltage?
Old 12-07-2012, 11:09 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fosterslaw77 View Post
I am gonna use them but question is does it hurt them if they are not firing under that voltage?
Basically it's a gamble, imo. I wouldn't run it like that to find out. Honestly, mine is about to see 45v, i'm not going to run it when I see 45v. I just had to replace my batteries too.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.