i will never buy another ford again - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2012, 05:25 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i will never buy another ford again

So I bought a 07 f350 about 3 months ago the guy said the motor turbo and injectors had been replaced in 2010 they only put a short block and used the original heads. Now on top of this truck having all ready had a set of head gaskets a new ficm 3 injectors and countless other problems the guy put the new motor in at the dealer. I checked the history and it did prove him right. Now 4 days after buying this truck I noticed coolant around Tue degas bottle did a pressure test and it failed so there was a bad head gasket. Took it to the dealer and they said the surface of the block where it meets the head between cylinders 1 and 3 was "uneven or wavy" now I would like to know how after only 2 years the block is junk... I tried talking to ford but they only want me to buy a new one and wouldn't buy this one back from me so then I'd be stuck with two payments. I bought all new stuff to the the heads with arp bolts and now it's going to blow again anyway. I asked how this happens and wondered if maybe when they put it together the last time it got bumped and dented or scratched they said it wasn't them and they don't know what's been done to the truck since it left their shop... meaning I did it. He did make me laugh when he told me when they fixed the heads the truck usually never comes back for head gasket replacements... I then showed him this truck has had 4 sets by them. And as for ford customer relations... that's a joke I talked to 2 different people and when I asked to speak to someone higher up they denied me and pretty much said we are sorry and goodbye. My father inlaw has a ford f250 gas with the 5.4 that he has had just as much trouble with that ford says there are no programs to help him either he bought it new and it's had atleast 5 sets of lifters and injectors. So I say again... I will never buy another ford. They may say built ford tough but they mean built really cheap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2012, 10:49 PM

sorry to hear about your bad luck. i have a 2003 f-350 4x4 with the 7.3 power stroke in it and this has been the best vehicle i have ever owned not all of them were bad.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:15 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinlots26 View Post
So I bought a 07 f350 about 3 months ago the guy said the motor turbo and injectors had been replaced in 2010 they only put a short block and used the original heads. Now on top of this truck having all ready had a set of head gaskets a new ficm 3 injectors and countless other problems the guy put the new motor in at the dealer. I checked the history and it did prove him right. Now 4 days after buying this truck I noticed coolant around Tue degas bottle did a pressure test and it failed so there was a bad head gasket. Took it to the dealer and they said the surface of the block where it meets the head between cylinders 1 and 3 was "uneven or wavy" now I would like to know how after only 2 years the block is junk... I tried talking to ford but they only want me to buy a new one and wouldn't buy this one back from me so then I'd be stuck with two payments. I bought all new stuff to the the heads with arp bolts and now it's going to blow again anyway. I asked how this happens and wondered if maybe when they put it together the last time it got bumped and dented or scratched they said it wasn't them and they don't know what's been done to the truck since it left their shop... meaning I did it. He did make me laugh when he told me when they fixed the heads the truck usually never comes back for head gasket replacements... I then showed him this truck has had 4 sets by them. And as for ford customer relations... that's a joke I talked to 2 different people and when I asked to speak to someone higher up they denied me and pretty much said we are sorry and goodbye. My father inlaw has a ford f250 gas with the 5.4 that he has had just as much trouble with that ford says there are no programs to help him either he bought it new and it's had atleast 5 sets of lifters and injectors. So I say again... I will never buy another ford. They may say built ford tough but they mean built really cheap.
Sorry to hear about your misforunes, BUT you need to understand one thing. When Ford is doing a head gasket repair under warranty they DON'T send the heads to the machine shop to have them checked to make sure they are 100% flat or have them magnafluxed for cracks or have them pressure tested. They simply use a straight edge and feeler gauges to "check" them out. In reality a head that is .001" out of flat on these heads can and typically does blow the head gaskets. Another thing is the tech that did the last repair possibly used a air buffer with a surfacing pad on the block deck and got a low spot in the block.

One more possibility is the guy who had the gaskets replaced last time may have used Black Onyx head gaskets which are KNOWN to fail within typically 5000 to 15000 miles after being installed even if everything was done perfectly. Just FYI if the heads are checked by a Ford tech and they are more than .004" out of flat than Ford recommends replacement with NEW OEM heads which are also known and proven to be out of flat from the casting plant as International simply "casts and ships" the heads without first sending them to be checked and milled to spec. The possibilities of what went wrong before you bought the truck are endless. The fact is with a head gasket job on these engines and ANY engine for that matter the heads should ALWAYS be sent out and checked out at a REPUTABLE machine shop that knows these engines. Good luck and hopefully when this is resolved you will see that these aren't cheaply built trucks and the 6.0 is a powerhouse, workhorse and an AWESOME power plant for these trucks.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:47 AM

And don't blame ford as a brand for those problems. Blame the previous owner not the truck. Sure the 6.0 has it's more than fair share of problems but once you get past those its a great truck

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 11-23-2012, 04:06 AM

I do understand Ford didn't build the motor.... and I know the truck it's self is a good over all truck but my reason for never buying a new one is the customer relations I called pretty much blew me off when I called I would have thought after all the trouble and times this truck was in they would have helped me out a bit I mean I Put down the cash in good parts and arp studs and I was paying for the labor on head work they could have flipped the bill on the block... and like I said about my father in and his 5.4 they have done the same to him and he has bought a new ford truck every 3 year's since 1982. So it's more a company satisfaction thing I won't buy another.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:32 AM

If you think Dodge or GM is going to give you the customer satisfaction you seek, you're in for more letdown
Old 11-23-2012, 04:56 AM

I just had to give you a quick story about Ford. 1st of all I know that CA has lemon laws but its not like everyone qualifies. Sometimes it's a hard process. That being said, my bro bought a brand new 2003 6.0 ccsb and started having MINOR problems, had a cab noise, some random complaints. Never had a oil cooler or heads problem or anything. Biggest problem he had was a turbo. Once the turbo was changed he would take it back to ford all the time cause the power was just gone compared to when he bought it. I know ford reflashed them 6.0 so the truck he bought was dead inside to this weak sad truck. Kept having small problems and called ford customer service and requested a buy back. This was in May 2011. So he had the truck for about 8 years and put 75,000 on it. Truck was 100% stock and was in EXCELLENT condition. Ford took his truck, and gave him pink slip to the identical 2011 6.7 truck all the same down to the color/ FX4 everything.
So I think ford stood by their product and did the right thing even though the truck didn't even have the big 6.0 problems.
Just wanted to share that story

By the way you can see I drive an 07 6.0 Thanks for reading

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 11-23-2012, 09:51 AM
Banned

OP you need to see this situation from Fords viewpoint. The truck is out of warranty why would they spend $10k out of their pocket to fix your truck? I had similar issues when I bought mine man. Simple fact is I swallowed my pride, saved my pennies and bought all the parts to fix my truck and did all the work myself and now I have a GREAT running truck that I don't ever plan on selling. Sucks that it worked out that way but it is what it is.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:53 AM
Banned

You also bought your truck used. Lemon law doesn't apply for you.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankf250 View Post
I just had to give you a quick story about Ford. 1st of all I know that CA has lemon laws but its not like everyone qualifies. Sometimes it's a hard process. That being said, my bro bought a brand new 2003 6.0 ccsb and started having MINOR problems, had a cab noise, some random complaints. Never had a oil cooler or heads problem or anything. Biggest problem he had was a turbo. Once the turbo was changed he would take it back to ford all the time cause the power was just gone compared to when he bought it. I know ford reflashed them 6.0 so the truck he bought was dead inside to this weak sad truck. Kept having small problems and called ford customer service and requested a buy back. This was in May 2011. So he had the truck for about 8 years and put 75,000 on it. Truck was 100% stock and was in EXCELLENT condition. Ford took his truck, and gave him pink slip to the identical 2011 6.7 truck all the same down to the color/ FX4 everything.
So I think ford stood by their product and did the right thing even though the truck didn't even have the big 6.0 problems.
Just wanted to share that story

By the way you can see I drive an 07 6.0 Thanks for reading

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Wow that's amazing that they did that!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.