Injector low voltage codes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 12:56 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Injector low voltage codes

2004, 100k miles, I bought it less than 2k ago. Bought an insight and have had these low voltage injector codes for all eight cyl. Rough dole when cold, and a ficm voltage around 44-46 warm, in the 30s during wot. So I replaced batteries and it help a little of the cold start ficm voltage. Just put in a bds power supply and now my ficm voltage stays 46.5-47. But still have the low voltage codes.

are the codes showing because I'm not at 48v? If not, what should I be looking at?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 12:58 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
So did you repair your FICM?

Cuz that is the cause of all your problems
Old 11-21-2012, 01:06 PM

Brand spanking new bulletproof ficm
Old 11-21-2012, 01:07 PM
Premium Member

weird..... are you sure you plugged all three plugs all the way
Old 11-21-2012, 01:13 PM

Well...sure as you can be I guess. I removed the degas for the room but still a combination of lack of space and freezing temps who knows.

I rechecked the connections before I buttoned everything up. None of the locking tabs were broke or anything. Seemed to go pretty easy. My ficm voltage doesn't jump anymore but flutters between 46.5 and 47. I was kinda expecting 48v for the coin I put out.

Kinda lost now...
Old 11-21-2012, 01:25 PM
Premium Member

Did you get a 4 phase or 6 phase unit?

You Should be getting 48v

I have the 4 phase unit and mine always stays at 48-48.5v
Old 11-21-2012, 01:39 PM

I picked up the 4 phase as well. I called bulletproof and they want me to check the ficm voltage at the module to make sure my insight is not lying to me. They didn't think 46.5v were going to be low enough to set the low voltage injector codes.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:58 AM

So after manually testing the ficm I found that my volts are dropping to 42.3 during the buzz. I talked to bpd about this and they are overnighting me a new ficm. They told me they have never had this type of issue with there ficm but the injector low codes relate directly to the ficm.

On a side note I will say that bpd is by far the best company I have ever bought products from. Very helpful, and they stand by their product 110%. I am now a lifetime customer.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:24 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by A2tripp View Post
So after manually testing the ficm I found that my volts are dropping to 42.3 during the buzz. I talked to bpd about this and they are overnighting me a new ficm. They told me they have never had this type of issue with there ficm but the injector low codes relate directly to the ficm.

On a side note I will say that bpd is by far the best company I have ever bought products from. Very helpful, and they stand by their product 110%. I am now a lifetime customer.
Thats a bummer, you had a bad new ficm, and a monitor that doesnt read correctly. Makes me wonder how many monitors are off. So what does your new ficm read?

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:28 AM

Haven't got the new ficm yet. They overnight it to me so it should be here Monday. The edge unit I believe does read correctly, I had the voltage drop during the buzz with key on before the edge had time to boot. With all the problems I have with this truck I wouldn't say I got a bad ficm (although what else could it be). Bulletproof diesel has a very good quality product, so I wouldn't doubt if there is an underlying problem here. Even if I did have a bad ficm out of the box I would not hesitate for a moment ordering from bpd in the future. I was a gm mechanic for many years so I think ford is getting even with me. Karma I guess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.