Looking at a non-running truck - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 08:21 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looking at a non-running truck

I've got a wild hair and i'm looking at a non-running 06 super cab short bed 4x4 XL F-250. 156,000 miles. Truck will not start, it turns over, but won't start. Oil is a little old, but no coolant in it. No oil in coolant either. A touch of residue like it spewed a tiny bit one time. Truck hasn't been cleaned up and doesn't show signs of major puking. Pulled the codes and it shows P0562, P2617, P2623. Only gets ICP up to 150psi when cranking, but the batteries are low and may be affecting it. ICM voltage was at .4 during cranking. Didn't see oil leaks, tranny or diff leaks... Egr is still there and it's not studded. Fuel is making it to the engine compartment filter, but it won't try to fire. FICM sits at 48.5 during cranking. Any ideas jump out at you guys? I read through a lot of the threads, but never really found what I was looking for... Truck has been sitting for a while now and the folks are ready to deal... So I'm hoping to possibly get it cheap and get it going. Just don't want to buy it and it need an overhaul... Thanks y'all!! I appreciate any advice y'all can offer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 08:31 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
If it is only getting ICP pressures of 150 psi you have a HPO leak. If you know how to fix it yourself and can get a deal on the truck then go for it. Hell you might be able to get it for cheap, get it running and turn around and sell if for a good profit.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:47 PM

By high pressure oil leak, are you thinking its the hpop itself or something associated with it? My hope is that I can pick it up cheap, fix it and have another 3/4 ton truck on my place. I appreciate your input!
Old 11-16-2012, 09:53 PM
Banned

Could be the pump. But most likely with the year of the truck the stc fitting on the back of the hpop failed or the dummy plugs and stand pipes are leaking or a combination of it all. If your sure you can get it cheap enough and fix it yourself I think it would be worth fixing and keeping it. As long as it only has a hpo leak causing the no start.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:02 AM

Is there any way to test those or do you just have to change them and see? How much is the fitting and the stands and pipes? I've got a shop and can do my own work, so that's not an issue... I really appreciate your help!
Old 11-17-2012, 07:14 AM
Banned

Standpipes are around $100-$120, dummy plugs are around $25-$50 and the stc fitting is around $50-$75.

You can test the system by applying 12v to the ipr valve to close it and stick a threaded fitting into the valve cover where the icp sensor goes (valve covers off is best idea) and apply shop air and listen for the gurgling sound of a leak.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.