Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

my 6.0 just stop running

21K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  Jon 
#1 ·
my "05" f350 just stopped running doing 55mph, now just cranks but dont start.

#7 ·
Maybe some bad fuel? Can you hear your fuel pump running when you first turn the key on? My buddy's truck just stopped on him yesterday actually in the middle of the deadliest highway in NW Florida, and it turned out to be a fuel pump relay switch...you might want to look into that...

#11 ·
It'll probably have a CPS and CKS from all the cranking, both of which will be false codes. It's the HPOP or the STC fitting on the HPOP. Stroketech got it right!! Without high pressure oil there's no way for your injectors to fire.

#13 ·
Short answer is yes. They changed a few things on the HPOP for the 05's. Get it into the dealership and have it replaced under warranty.

#23 ·
No wonder you have to sit on your little stool all the time Scott. That's a full time job just in itself!!!

Stroketech said:
Tim you have no room to talk :eek:wned: :woohoo:
LOL--own these :fawkdance::fawkdance::fawkdance:

#22 ·
My 2004 F350 did the same thing. Turns out the Fuel Injection Controle Module shorted out and blew the fuse for it in the little box between the master cylinder and the driver's front fender. The dealer replaced the FICM and the fuse and I was on my way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.