05 f250 excessive smoke in tow/haul mode - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 04:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
05 f250 excessive smoke in tow/haul mode

hey guys i just bought a 2005 f250 today and was driving it and put it in tow haul mode and when i shove it to the floor it puts out smoke till u let off, second issue is bad vibration from around 45 to 55 and only when tqc locked third problem when floored seems to hesitate a little then builds up boost and screams plz help plz dont let my $9000 investment become a very beautiful paper weight
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 12:07 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Do you have a monitor? Is the truck tuned? And the bucking sounds like injectors going bad. If you need a monitor let me know. I can get you fixed up. Welcome to the .org!

Bryan @ Stealth Automotive
Old 11-06-2012, 02:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I do not have a tuner or a reliable monitor that was my plan when i got my next check just dont know what to buy and as far as i know its bone stock i bought it from a repo lot in grandrapids mich
Old 11-06-2012, 04:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ok so i tryed the reproduce the smoke in tow haul today and could not one little white puff between shifts and found out my Bluetooth obd2 adapter will not show engine oil temp so system wise im blind so next question is can u point me in the right direction for a dash display tuner and where i can get some tunes because im less then happy with factory my last vehicle before this was a 383 efi stroker that had so much power i actually snapped the rear of the crank and would complain every day that it didn't have enough power my next question would be where do i buy the stuff for egr block off head studs and oil cool upgade i want this thing to out do my yukon but still be a bread maker and grocery getter
Old 11-06-2012, 10:14 AM
Banned

I can get you set up with a programmer/monitor combo either as a stand alone unit or one of each. We carry the SCT livewire ts which is a programmer that doubles as a monitor and can have custom tunes loaded on to it. We also sell the stand alone programmers from SCT such as the SF3 or X3 and stand alone monitors such as edge insight cs/cts. Your best bet for OEM head gaskets and oil cooler is going to be sunrise ford (www.sunrisefordparts.com) but we can hook you up with studs when your ready. Arp studs are on nationwide backorder at the moment. Let me know if I can help you out.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well it all comes down to whats better for what im doing with the truck because i need it reliable but also fun to drive and the better the mpg the happier i am as for a monitor im going to need one so would live wire be the way to go also for oil cooler is factory the best choice and i live in Michigan so would u recommended an egr delete or is it going to be a lot of hassle
Old 11-06-2012, 11:38 AM
Banned

For reliability and fuel economy for your 6.0, SCT with custom tunes is the best thing you could do for it for tuning. The live wire doubles as a monitor and tuner that will monitor everything that the Edge Insight CS/CTS will and will reprogram your truck for you. I don't know about your states emissions laws are. If you don't have required checks then yes delete the EGR for the sake of the engine. If you do have emissions checks than go with BulletProofDiesel's EGR cooler.

If your going for reliability the best oil cooler out there that will eliminate ALL oil cooler failures and issues related to them is BPD oil cooler kit. It's spendy at around $2300 but is well worth the price as you will never have to replace another clogged oil cooler again. That said if your not going with their kit don't buy any other oil cooler other than OEM. Let me know what you want to do and we'll get you taken care of.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ill stick with the stock cooler but in mich we have no emissions tests and would it be possible to get a parts and price list???
Old 11-06-2012, 11:59 AM
Banned

Yeah. What do you want me to price out for you?
Old 11-07-2012, 05:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well i would like to get a programer that has a display a new factory oil cooler and an egr delete and if or when possible head studs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.