Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Please help, Codes p0262, p0271,p0277,p0280,p0299

18K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  redbone98 
#1 · (Edited)
I started my truck cold morning, started really rough, once warmed up was sounding like maybe a injector was no working, but as i kept driving, bout an hour later or 2, truck started idling really weird and no power, it jus would not want to move, i can depress pedal all the way down and would not do anything, it would really slowly gradually move but nothing past 45, so got Codes p0262, p0271,p0277,p0280, all relating to injector high, and also a p0046, and p0236, p0237, and p0299, took it to dealer and said they need to replace ficm for further testing, i prefer to do everything myself, i dont have enough $ to spend On there labor prices, and i tested ficm and it gets 47-48 with key, and while truck is running, can it still be ficm ? Also check all wiring connections all seems fine ! Dont know wat to do , i would gladly apreciate any help

#3 ·
I'm also getting P0262, P0271, P0277, P0280. Is there a specific chafe point to look for? FICM is new and checks out.

#5 · (Edited)
P0069 = MAP and BARO Pressure Correlation fault. Check for damaged MAP or BARO sensor.

P0299 = Turbo Under boost Condition. Most common issue is you VGT’s are sticking. This would require the removal, disassembly and cleaning of the Turbo.

P0404 = EGR Control Circuit Range. Could be the EGR needs cleaning, PCM issue, VGT’s, Exhaust pressure sensor, EGR stuck in closed position or excessive exhaust pressure. If you are going to use a liquid to clean the EGR, only use Carburetor Cleaner. I used my dermmel tool with a wire wheel to clean my EGR.

P0405 = EGR Sensor Circuit Low. EGR circuit open, EGR circuit closed to ground, EGR Actuator or PCM.

P0470 = Exhaust Pressure A Circuit. EP sensor or SIGRTN has an open circuit.

#6 · (Edited)
P0046 = Turbo Boost Control Solenoid Circuit Range. Open circuit in solenoid, Control circuit short to voltage, Control circuit short to ground or VGT actuator.

P0271 = Cylinder 4 Injector Circuit High. Close coil power and ground circuit short to voltage or ground in the harness, Open coil power and ground circuit short to voltage or ground in the harness, Fuel Injector or FICM.

P0277 = Cylinder 6 Injector Circuit High. Close coil power and ground circuit short to voltage or ground in the harness, Open coil power and ground circuit short to voltage or ground in the harness, Fuel Injector or FICM.

P0280 = Cylinder 7 Injector Circuit High. Close coil power and ground circuit short to voltage or ground in the harness, Open coil power and ground circuit short to voltage or ground in the harness, Fuel Injector or FICM.

P0299 = Turbo A Under Boost. CAC System has a leak, VGT’s are sticking, Exhaust Pressure Sensor or VGT Actuator.

If you say you tested the FICM and everything is good, then Dannyboy is right about there being a short some where. You would need to get a Multi-Meter and the wiring schematic and check the wires in the harnesses comming from the FICM to the individual Injectors. Below is a link providing the schematics.

http://www.powerstrokediesel.com/docs/EF_456.pdf

Refer to Pg 90 and check the Continuity between the plug under the FICM to the Injector plug 4, 6 and 7. Somewhere on one of those wires, you will see alot of continuity on the multi-meter. that will tell you which wire is bad or has a whole on the sheeth and need to be fixed.

This is also another good site showing where Chafeing normally take place on those harnesses.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/ford-manuals/6.0L_wire_chafing.pdf

This is the Tech guide for the FICM. Since you are having issues with the 4,6 and 7 Injectors, you need to look at the C1388A Connector (the one in the back). All three of those injectors wiring are in that connector.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/ford-manuals/6.0L Fuel Injection Control Module Tech Guide.pdf

If you need more detailed instructions, PM me.

#8 · (Edited)
It is all PITA DIY stuff but yes it can be done. It will depend on your level of expertise and confidence in your ability to do it. Everyone here has a different "level of expertise" so this is why we help each other out.

I made several upgrades to mine a few months ago. First time I ever worked on my engine much less a Diesel engine. I spent around $4000 in upgraded parts and testing equipment. I figured as long as I was going in to the engine to fix my "No start" problem, I might as well replace everything at once so I am not going back in there every 6 months to replace a part.

The hard part is pulling out the Turbo. There are some pain in the butt bolt to get to but once it is out, it is relitivity easy as in the video above. Here is the video on the Turbo removal.

As far as your FICM, if it tested Ok than it should be fine. Your EGR might be clogged with soot or carbon buildup. Dou you have an EGR Delete kit on your engine?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.