6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 10-31-2012, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Electrical Help!

Hey guys I have an 05 ccsb w/102xxx miles and I just changed the batteries this morning and my CS is still pulling 13.1 to 13.4V instead of 13.8 to 14v like it should. I also changed out the plug in the back of the alternator with the same results. Was wondering is this normal? before cranking volts are at 11.5 to 11.7 and once I step on the gas they go back up to 13.1 to 13.4 no higher. Could my alternator be going bad? Thanks Chris

Chris

post #2 of 3 Old 10-31-2012, 05:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yes your alternator could be a problem, although your voltages look fair. I see, 13.6-14.1 while running. Just keep an eye on it.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

Unfortunately had to Sell my ......2004 KR CC SWB FX4 - Edge insight cts, blue spring upgrade, updated HFCM drain plug, XDP coolant filter, CAT EC-1 rated coolant, Custom Diesel EGR delete, CAT delete, Rotella T6

SEE MY OIL COOLER REPLACEMENT AND EGR DELETE - http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/gen...tml?highlight=
post #3 of 3 Old 10-31-2012, 08:31 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
my voltages sit around the 13.5 range. I used a DVOM (Digital Volt Ohm Meter) and checked the voltage at the alternator with the engine idling and got 14.5 at the alt., checked the batteries and it's in the 13.5 range. That means I have a voltage drop of 1 volt between the alternator and the batteries. most likely due to corrosion where the wire connects to the battery clamps, and where the wire connects to the alternator. Sounds to me like your is most likely the same cause. you can try cleaning the ends of the cables, where it connects to the battery clamps, and where it connects to the alternator and that will 100% of the time fix it 80% of the time

05 Lariat Crew Cab, Short Bed, 142K and counting, 4x4, ARP studs, EGR Delete, IPR High Flow Coolant Filter, Dash Boss, SCT SF3 innovative tunes, Innovative FICM Tuner, Deleted CAT and Muffler, blue spring upgrade, High idle mod, Cobra 29 LXE.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode