Please help! I have looked and I dont know if I am mentally slow or what but I can figure out exactly where the ect sensor is.
It is called the thermostat not the ECT Sensor...
It is located right underneath the cold side CAC (boost) tube and attaches to the upper radiator hose.
Here are some pictures for clarification:
The thermostat is located right under the grey colored pipe (CAC Tube) and is attached to the end of the black radiator hose that goes from the radiator to the engine.
Here is another angle from the top of the engine. It is right next to and below the Fuel Pressure Regulator, below the grey CAC tube.
Here is a closeup of the thermostat itself. It is the metal housing with 2 bolts holding it on.
1. Remove degas bottle cap to relieve any cooling system pressure.
2. Put a clean 5 gallon bucket under the truck under the pet**** on the radiator. Drain via the pet**** until it stops, about 3-4 gallons should come out.
3. Remove air intake assembly.
4. Remove CAC tube. Their are 2 clamps...one on the intake elbow and one on the intercooler (under the intake).
5. Remove upper radiator hose. Their are 2 clamps one on the radiator and one of the thermostat.
6. Remove the thermostat. Their are 2 bolts that hold it in place. It may take some wiggling to get it out.
7. Install new thermostat. (ford PN: 4C4Z-8575-AA)
8. Reinstall upper radiator tube, CAC tube, and intake.
9. Refill cooling system with what was drained out.
10. Start and check for any leaks.
Note: Make sure to tighten the clamps that hold the CAC tube on nice and tight or the CAC tube will blow off once you build some boost. I don't know what the torque spec is on them but get it good and tight without cracking the tube.
This is a very easy job to do. Should take about an hour. If you have any questions or need any clarification feel free to ask.