no oil on dipstick - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 06:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
no oil on dipstick

Went out yesterday and checked my oil and no oil on dipstick, 3000 miles since it was changed it was changed at the Ford dealership so im sure it was Motorcraft oil and filters is this normal the truck is under waranty should i add the needed oil or take it to the ford dealership and let them check it out and add the oil
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2012, 07:39 AM
Premium Member

You should have not posted, let it blow up, and had ford put you a new engine in lol. I think I would still try to get a new engine or rebuild out of it.....there's no telling how long it went without oil and what was damaged. The PCM will probably hold a report of how long it went without oil pressure. It didnt have the idiot light on?

As far as your question, if its under warrenty, don't put oil in it, so they can see it as is. have it towed to the dealership as is and if there's a problem they should pay the tow bill.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:40 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Brand new truck? Used high mileage? Either way if it's not on the stick at you may want to top it up to see exactly how much was used then decide from there.

Once your below the dip stick you have no way to know how much is actually left in the engine, if any.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:54 PM

none of these engines will run without oil pressure, therefore we know that it still has plenty of oil in it. more than one truck has lost oil for one reason or another to the point that it stalled. fix the problem, fill it back up and they carried on.
more details what engine how many miles....?
had you checked the oil since the service
Old 11-01-2012, 04:59 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrogen View Post
none of these engines will run without oil pressure,
Damn I missed that elephant in the room lol.
But it could be a gas burner, he didnt say. Lol
Old 11-01-2012, 05:23 AM

he is a lil bit lite on details but this is 6.0 forum . of course no one ever posts in the wrong area.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:34 AM
Winning DUHHH

Quote:
Originally Posted by portcity_gt View Post
You should have not posted, let it blow up, and had ford put you a new engine in lol. I think I would still try to get a new engine or rebuild out of it.....there's no telling how long it went without oil and what was damaged. The PCM will probably hold a report of how long it went without oil pressure. It didnt have the idiot light on?

As far as your question, if its under warrenty, don't put oil in it, so they can see it as is. have it towed to the dealership as is and if there's a problem they should pay the tow bill.
Lol that's the most ignorant thing I've heard on here, "let it blow up and have them pay for it" ha, sounds like a democrat
Old 11-01-2012, 05:41 AM

well its kind of a hard school, but there really is only two explanations for where the oil is. #1 still in the jug at the dealer(they didn't fill/check it properly), or it is burning it at a heck of a rate. that's why I asked when it was checked last. generally its not going to just start guzzling oil overnight
Old 11-01-2012, 06:02 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young-SC-Owner View Post
Lol that's the most ignorant thing I've heard on here, "let it blow up and have them pay for it" ha, sounds like a democrat
You think!?! If I took my truck into a dealership for service and their negligence caused damage to it, your damn righ they would pay for it!!!

But I guess you would just bend over and take it, and say hey guys let me foot this $10,000 bill for the engine you messed up.

Btw here's the political section, you can keep that crap in there. http://http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/politics/
Old 11-01-2012, 06:11 AM
Winning DUHHH

Quote:
Originally Posted by portcity_gt View Post
You think!?! If I took my truck into a dealership for service and their negligence caused damage to it, your damn righ they would pay for it!!!

But I guess you would just bend over and take it, and say hey guys let me foot this $10,000 bill for the engine you messed up.

Btw here's the political section, you can keep that crap in there. http://http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/politics/
If it were damaged go for it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.