Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Whats wrong with this picture?

5K views 44 replies 14 participants last post by  southend 
#1 ·
My new Bullet Proof water pump was leaking after a couple months so I got a new one under warranty. Pictures attached are a brand new one and the one that came off the truck.

Attachments

See less See more
#35 ·
Not sure what my temps are. But I went ahead and got an edge cts overnighted yesterday. I don't know how to use this thing but I'll figure it out and post my oil/coolant temps. I think I have to highway drive at 70 for 20mins or something. I'll look it up.

#37 ·
i got ya covered your in my neck of the woods!!! we will hook up!

#38 ·
I just ran down the turnpike for 30 mins at 65-70mph. The eot ect numbers are close. 194ect 199eot at 20 mins, 196ect 200eot at 30 mins.

Driving around town the numbers were very close the whole time. I got a few other numbers injector related since I'm having problems in that department too. At idle- icp v .8-.9 driving at 70mph 1.5. icp psi at idle around 600 driving at 70mph 1190. ipw ms pulse at at 70mph .89 @ 20k rpms.

FICM voltage 50. I have a 58 volt ficm.

What parameters should I be monitoring?

#39 ·
Your FICM reading won't read over a certain voltage through the PCM and OBD II port that's why with a higher than 48v FICM the only way to get accurate voltage readings is to pull the cover off of the FICM and use a multimeter to get your readings KOEO, KOEC, KOER.

#40 ·
i monitor Boost, Oil Temp, Coolant temp, trans temp, Air intake temp, Injector pulse width (to take up space), and FICM voltage.

Injector pulse width, im really not sure of, but i needed something to take up some space on the screen.

#41 ·
You should watch boost, vgt, instead of ipw, and ait.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

#42 ·
I have 4 gauges already on the pilar, trans temp, fuel press, boost, egt.

I'll have to do some reading on the injector pid's since I'm clueless on those.

#43 ·
injector fuel pulse width is a good pid to monitor because if it reads 0 then the ficm will not fire the injectors. also the sync for cam and crank sensors. I have more but will have to go look at mine to see whats on there

#44 ·
BPD determined the bearing went bad and the shaft walked out. Andrew at BPD was great in handling this matter for me, great customer service!

#45 ·
Thanks for the update.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.