hydro locked - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 05:42 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
hydro locked

I bought a 2004 ford f250 and have had absolutely no luck with this truck. Had a weird start up so started by replacing icp, it had a code p2885, got that done and didnt help, some diesel mechanic recommended the ipr, so replaced that, did nothing. So finally took it to one more mechanic, he said it was the hpop, so I finally put the money into the hpop and fixed the start up issue. Got the truck back on Saturday, drove it two days and it started bucking really bad yesterday and kept dying. Took it back to the mechanic and he drove it, while driving the radiator blew out right above the intake and sucked in all the antifreeze and died, now wont begin to crank, has anyone heard of this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2012, 12:06 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
There is no way this happened, unless maybe it was being run without a filter element, I still dont believe it.........

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:05 PM

trust me i wish it wasn't true, but the shop did call and say they got all the antifreeze out of the cylinders, but bent a correcting rod. It did have an air filter, it busted right above the intake tube
Old 10-16-2012, 02:29 PM
Premium Member

Well, I guess what you asked, is if anyone ever heard of this. My answer is no, it is far fetched to believe it, how you described it. What can happen, is the egr cooler, head gaskets, or head cracking could fill the cylinder with antifreeze and cause hydrolocking. And in a worse case, bend a connecting rod. But that is catastrofic, it usually happens a little at a time with signs of white smoke (steam). I feel your mechanics, may be less than familiar with the 6.0. But I can believe, that your truck ingested coolant and self destructed. It just usually shows signs. Have you ever noticed any coolant loss, prior to this?

Old 10-16-2012, 02:35 PM

no it has never leaked any antifreeze, like i said it was around 3,000 rpm and made this bad turbo noise and boom white smoke everywhere. it blew a baseball size hole in the top of the radiator right in front of where the upper hose goes in the radiator and therefore dumping all the coolant down into the intake right behind the grill. It immediately killed the truck, and would not crank. The shop took out the glow plugs and cranked all of the antifreeze out and it started, but it did however bend the connecting rod
Old 10-16-2012, 02:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

This story is so unbeliveable. Much luck to you getting everything fixxed. We all hate to see our rigs down. In for pictures!!!
Old 10-16-2012, 02:42 PM

I understand its ubelieveable, the mechanic said he has never seen anything like it in his career as a diesel mechanic
Old 10-16-2012, 02:53 PM
Premium Member

We gotta see this, pictures please. I understand the radiator busting, at what point did the water enter the intake? Through the cac, or did an intake hose bust at the same exact time as the radiator?

Old 10-16-2012, 02:57 PM

how he explained it, it entered right through the air filter at the front of the truck
Old 10-16-2012, 03:00 PM
Premium Member

Stock air box, and do you have the famed zoodad mod? This is very interesting.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.