NEED HELP!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2012, 01:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
NEED HELP!!!

I have been having this issue for about 3 or 4 weeks now. It has intermittent no hot starts. I have the updated stc fitting, new dummy plugs, new stand pipe, new FICM, both batteries are good, icp pressure is good while trying to crank. unplugged the icp sensor last time it happened and it still wouldnt crank. Iam lost on what else it could be. Also, i have had the hpop tested twice for leaks and nothing showed up and its not throwing any codes

And its a 06 f250, 78k miles on it

Can anybody help me out? its very frustrating
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2012, 05:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Anybody at all know what it possibly could be??
Old 10-17-2012, 06:38 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rswhitcomb View Post
I have been having this issue for about 3 or 4 weeks now. It has intermittent no hot starts. I have the updated stc fitting, new dummy plugs, new stand pipe, new FICM, both batteries are good, icp pressure is good while trying to crank. unplugged the icp sensor last time it happened and it still wouldnt crank. Iam lost on what else it could be. Also, i have had the hpop tested twice for leaks and nothing showed up and its not throwing any codes

And its a 06 f250, 78k miles on it

Can anybody help me out? its very frustrating
It is cranking right? You said it still wouldn't crank when u unplugged the icp

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
Old 10-17-2012, 06:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yes it is still cranking but wont actually start. Its weird, somedays i will turn the truck off and then when i come back out it wont start, i have to let it sit for a little longer then it will fire right up, then later that day i will be running it for awhile and then turn it off and when i go back to crank it up it starts right away. i cant figure it out
Old 10-17-2012, 07:16 AM

What do u have for monitoring ? Does anything look odd while its running warmed up?

Also is the starter turning the motor fast enough? This happened to me on a Chevy gasser a few years ago

Old 10-17-2012, 07:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i have a edge cts for monitering it. Everything looks good on my guage. icp pressure goes to 800 while trying to crank, icp volts are good, ficm is a 49.5 volts while cranking, batteries are both good and i just had them load tested and they were good.

It is cranking fast, the same speed it always has. In the morning it cranks up right away. Take about 1.5 seconds. its just a hit and miss thing but it does it everyweek for a day or two then it stops doing it.

could it be a bad cam or crank sensor?
Old 10-22-2012, 05:07 AM

Figure it out yet? If it were the cam or crank sensor I don't think it would run at all

Old 10-22-2012, 05:21 AM
Premium Member

Could be something as simple as a bad key switch not telling it to "run", sometimes mine acts screwy, the truck will run but the radio and windows don't work. If I restart or move the key switch it fixes it.

The weirdest thing my truck does, is sometimes if I open the vanity mirror in the sun visor the radio will shut off! Lol I still havnt figured that one out.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

no we cant figure it out. in the last 3 weeks it has been in the shop for 11 days. dropped it off last wed and picked it up on sat. they couldnt get it to act up at all and they checked all my wiring harnesses and everything looked good. The day i get it back that night it does it again and wont start. The only thing that came up weird on the computer was that the cam sensor wasnt getting a good signal. So he checked all the wires and nothing looked bad. So we are lost and have no clue what to do. its getting very frustrating.

any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Old 10-22-2012, 09:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i am thinking about running over to the dealership and let them check and see if my ecm needs any updates. i know i have never had any updates done to the computer. And i think ford had a update for the no start condition so maybe thats it. Who knows
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.