is this normal... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2012, 07:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
is this normal...

So I bought a 07 ford f350 with the 6.0. It had the motor rebuilt with a new turbo and injectors. It had the egr delete and the 6.4 banjo bolts. It's a standard 6 speed. The problem I've noticed is when I really get onto it and get around 3400 rpm then left off the throttle press the clutch in (all really fast) to grab the next gear the truck will continue to rev past the point I let off the throttle making it really hard to get the next gear. I've also noticed there also seems to be a lack of throttle response making also hard taking off from a stop in first. In low gear it's better. This is my first electronic controlled diesel the truck idles fine and under normal driving is excellent and doesn't have any lack of power just kind of a driveabilty issue when harpin on her. With my scanner and edge cs the only code is the egr flow. And it doesn't matter with the edge installed or not but it is more noticeable with it on the higher settings. I was leaning towards a bad or failing icp or ipr. Or maybe a it's in the ficm tuning. I do know that when I let off the throttle you can still hear the injectors for about a second maybe longer. According to the edge I'm running a constant 48 volts to the ficm and the accelerator pedal position reads pretty good on the edge screen as well and at idle the fuel pressures at the rail is 590 when it's warmed up higher when cold... so any ideas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2012, 08:00 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

That 590 PSI in the rails is the high pressure oil, not fuel btw.

Maybe there is just so much momentum that once you disengage the clutch the motor keeps turning? Idk, kinda weird. What should happen is that once you let off the throttle is that the PCM knows to quit firing injectors. Ideally anyway.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

My bad it's the icp psi
Old 10-13-2012, 09:01 AM

I have a 06 mine does the same thing when running it tht high I think it's just at that rpm the slightest pressure on the throttle makes it wanna rev. Try making sure you release the throttle completely before engaging the clutch.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
Old 10-13-2012, 11:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Oh I have... I have even been letting off the throttle and waiting a split second to push the clutch it helps but it takes longer to shift and I hate losing. (Quicker shifts = quicker time)
Old 10-13-2012, 11:31 AM

I feel you there I know mine doesn't like being shifted fast I also know my clutch is slipping so I think that has something to do with it. But still it's not a sports car not made to be shifted like a sports car.

Old 10-13-2012, 12:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Very true... but the rev and lack of initial throttle make me wonder
Old 10-13-2012, 12:55 PM

Well what's done to the truck I know factory clutches don't hold up to much abuse. If your running high horsepower tunes and messing off burnouts boost launches etc the clutch maybe on its way out how does the pedal feel is it soft does it ever go to floor and stay down any signs of hydraulics leaking?

Old 10-13-2012, 04:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

It's not the clutch it's got a Southbend dual disk. It almost falls on its face when the clutch gets fully engaged. Then pulls like a raped date
Old 10-13-2012, 04:56 PM

As in it's not spooling up until later?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.