Truck lost power while driving - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 05:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Truck lost power while driving

Hello everyone,

F-350
200XXX miles

This has been an ongoing issue that I have been posting on Ford-truck.com and decided to jump over here to see if I can get some different answers or suggestions. This is my DD and really need to get this issue fixed. Thanks in advance.

I really seem to notice this issues mostly on the freeway at freeways speeds. Once I get up to 50+ for a couple of minutes the truck starts to hiccup and struggles really bad. If I let off the gas the truck will die. As long as I keep the skinny pedal down I can feather it to a lower speed, which seems like the truck does a lot better. I noticed a couple of times black smoke when the truck starts acting up. I think the injectors are getting loaded because I have the pedal almost to the floor to keep the truck from stalling when the hiccups get really bad.

at idle it seems like it fluctuates. I don't notice a change in RPMS, but I hear the idle change and the exhaust sounds throatier like the motor is missing or something.

I have an oem fuel and oil cap. Cleaned the EGR valve and put new o-rings on. had a tear on the ICP pigtail. Replaced the pigtail and ICP sensor. This is a new truck to me and the previous owner said all 8 injectors are about 6 months old. Did a bubble test, test came back negative. I have a scangaugeII all values are coming back normal at KOEO, ideal and High idle. Not throwing any codes. Truck feels like it drives fine on city street. However, once I turn the truck off after getting up to temps I will have to crank for a good 10 seconds to start. sometimes have to crank it over 2 or 3 times for about that long. On cold starts the truck starts right up. HELP!!

ICP
KOEO - 15
Idle - 664
High Idle - 1483

IPR
KOEO - 14.6
Idle - 22.7
High Idle - 37.9

FMP
KOEO - 47.0
Idle - 47.0
High Idle - 47.5

FPW
KOEO - 0
Idle - 1056-1208
High Idle - 648ish

CVI
KOEO - 4.98
Idle - 4.98
High Idle - 4.98

FSN
KOEO - 0
Idle - 1
High Idle - 1

ICV
KOEO - .19
Idle - .91
High Idle - 1.71
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2012, 06:09 PM

have you checked your ficm voltage? sounds to me its a fuel problem lack of i mean
Old 10-07-2012, 01:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin313 View Post
have you checked your ficm voltage? sounds to me its a fuel problem lack of i mean
Is this the same as FMP (FICM Main Power)? This is my first time ever wrenching on a diesel just starting to learn everything.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

What is the ICP when cranking hot or rough running? If it starts good cold it could be a HPO leak. Hot oil is thinner.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesilvas View Post
What is the ICP when cranking hot or rough running? If it starts good cold it could be a HPO leak. Hot oil is thinner.
Ill have toget those values when the truck warms up. I'll post them later on today. I guess it time to read up on leaking HPO. What about the IPR sensor would that cause no start when motor is at temps?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.