NO POWER 6.0L AFTER STUDS - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 04:56 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
NO POWER 6.0L AFTER STUDS

Hey guys i have a customer who had a perfectly good running truck and tryed putting head studs in it, he rip the motor through the front of the truck. took the whole motor out, replaced the lpop and hpop and eveything else that was perfectly fine, on the way he striped out every bolt on the front cover for the lpop, as well as 40 other bolts anyways i got the job ripped everything down to the heads an replaced stuck ipr and push rods and everything else that it needed, got it back to gether and it idles and runs now but has no power, i have good ficm, no misfire codes at all, good fuel presuure im assuming, havent checked it, did the blue spring upgrade and 6.4l banjo bolts, changed fuel filters, so i have no codes and no power idles good but soon as a load goes on it and will barley do 30 mph. any ideas, im thinking something mechical somewhere, sounds like a rod or collapse lifter also when running i also hear a thud through intake system while cranking over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2012, 09:07 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sounds like a bent push rod, with the this through the intake, need to test fuel pressure.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:38 AM
Premium Member

High pressure oil leak? If the guy screwed up that much stuf chances are the hpop job isn't done right.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:42 PM

sorry took long been busy, hope the help is still around, i replaced all 16 push rods, with the crank shaft dowel at 6 o clock postion, air checked the whole system found ipr valve stuck closed because when i air checked it air wasnt coming out the hpop , you know how it comes out the pump till u apply power to the ipr, so i put a new ipr in and was working like it supposed to, yes ipr had metal in it, so i air checked it on driver side injector 4 and 8 were leaking out the 2 holes on the top of the injector the holes on both sides of the oil rail, wasnt leaking at the oil rail. it was after a few mins it started leaking there, not sure to consider it a high pressure oil leak or not i have unregulated air running into the motor so i dont know if theres just to much air or not, dont even wanna stay running anymore. unless it cold, but unless those 2 injectors failed there is no high pressure oil i air checked with hpop cover removed and checked branch tube and everything for leaks,, any ideas, gonna check fuel pressure tommorow,
Old 10-03-2012, 06:50 PM
Premium Member

You could have 3000psi to test and that wouldnt hurt. The injectors actually have weep holes in them, I can't remember exactly where. Is the oil leaking from there? Wherever you see an oil(air) leak at, this is at least part of your problem.

Last edited by southend; 10-03-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:06 PM

yea i think, those wholes are where the oil leaves the injector, yes there is oil/ air coming out of those holes on 2 injectors. everywhere else is leak free, do you think those 2 injectors could cause it to run poorly? i mean it runs very poor, i hear a connecting rod noise kinda on the bottom end, hard to hear over the motor, but it shouldnt cause it to run this bad, if it needs a motor so be it,, and i do think it needs a motor, but i want to get it to run good cause he so convince he never screwed anything up, guy driving me crazy now. if i can get it running good and later on a rod comes through the side of the block its his problem, i did have the cab off when checking and replacing everything, only way ill ever do it.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:48 PM
Premium Member

Oil doesn't "leave" the injector, oil is not supposed to leak out of the injector. Of course two injectors can cause terrible running. Maybe what your hearing is injector "knock". I'm surprised it's running.

Old 10-04-2012, 03:54 PM

ok well today i checked fuel pressure. its good. i pulled driver side valve cover off today did icp air test and those same injectors did not leak like they were, now when i tested it before it was cab off now this is after it has ran for 10 mins and then parked for 2 days and then today i check it again and it fine, no injectors were leaking at all. the lpop did not prime up today so i pulled off cover and i made customer go pick up new front cover for oil pump cause it was so scarred up from the last oil pump that supposely was broken in half. and he replaced on his own, so far as i can see i have no high pressure oil leak now, tommorw will replace front cover and see if that helps anything, the gears he installed look fine, and fuel pressure is good and strong. ficm is fine.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:20 PM

Ok so today i put new front cover on primed oil pump got it started still ran like crap. it like idles fine but then started idling all wacked out and dont have enough power to even move unless in 4 lo. no codes now, except icp out of range/ performance, but new icp and new harness, good fuel pressure, im lost on this. i think is mechanical. like i have been thinking, everything with the scanner looks good,
Old 10-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Premium Member

Did you check ficm, do you have a spare you can throw in it? Are you sure the ficm connectors are seated?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.