Nip it in the butt - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-01-2012, 07:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Nip it in the butt

Hey guys my father and company i work for have had 6.0s and to my understanding the necessary problems to fix are head studs, injectors, and egr. I really need any more to add to the list whatt injectors to buy bc i want bigger after market and what tuner is best for the 6.0. I will most likely be buying one in the near future any help is welcome. thanks guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 10-01-2012, 07:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 306
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Why would it be necessary to fix it..if it ain't broke? Yes the oem studs are basically tent pegs, the egr cooler and oil cooler are bottlenecks, but i would think it is not the injectors but rather the oil system that feeds the injectors....stc upgrade for late 04 and up, standpipes, dummy plugs, hpop screen. And this engine needs a full time babysitter. get a scanguage 2 or auto enginuity or something along those lines to monitor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 10-01-2012, 07:55 PM
Banned
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Carrollton Ohio
Posts: 8,839
Thanks: 65
Thanked 58 Times in 40 Posts
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle K View Post
Why would it be necessary to fix it..if it ain't broke? Yes the oem studs are basically tent pegs, the egr cooler and oil cooler are bottlenecks, but i would think it is not the injectors but rather the oil system that feeds the injectors....stc upgrade for late 04 and up, standpipes, dummy plugs, hpop screen. And this engine needs a full time babysitter. get a scanguage 2 or auto enginuity or something along those lines to monitor
Ok let me correct you really quick. The stock bolts that hold the heads on are exactly that BOLTS not studs. Second 04's do NOT have the stc fitting. Third get a monitor. All are good. Dashboss if you have an iOS device. If not edge cs/cts or scangauge II. AE is diagnostic software that will read live data which is good to get if you plan on saving big money in the future on repairs and diagnosis's. Best programmer you could ever put on the 6.0 is an SCT with custom tunes from whichever tune writer you choose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 10-01-2012, 08:26 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 306
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany View Post
Ok let me correct you really quick. The stock bolts that hold the heads on are exactly that BOLTS not studs. Second 04's do NOT have the stc fitting. Third get a monitor. All are good. Dashboss if you have an iOS device. If not edge cs/cts or scangauge II. AE is diagnostic software that will read live data which is good to get if you plan on saving big money in the future on repairs and diagnosis's. Best programmer you could ever put on the 6.0 is an SCT with custom tunes from whichever tune writer you choose.
yes i did mean bolts...the late model 04 does have the stc...but he wasnt specific in his post for me to tell which year he had
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 10-01-2012, 08:28 PM
Banned
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Carrollton Ohio
Posts: 8,839
Thanks: 65
Thanked 58 Times in 40 Posts
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
No the late model 04 does not have the STC fitting. It has the old style 03 hpop which doesn't use it and has the new hpo rails that the newer models have. The 05's are the first year for the STC fitting do some research.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 10-01-2012, 08:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 306
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany View Post
No the late model 04 does not have the STC fitting. It has the old style 03 hpop which doesn't use it and has the new hpo rails that the newer models have. The 05's are the first year for the STC fitting do some research.
already done...i guess that since i have an 05 excursion with a late build 04 engine i didnt actually upgrade the stc fitting RIGHT?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 10-01-2012, 08:42 PM
Banned
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Carrollton Ohio
Posts: 8,839
Thanks: 65
Thanked 58 Times in 40 Posts
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
The 04 F series trucks with the 6.0 powerstroke do NOT have the STC fitting. The excursion is a different model therefore different options were available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 10-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 306
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i was under the impression that late build 04 and up HAD the stc fitting on the hpop that had an upgraded part available didnt matter if it was an ex, 250, 350...no?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 10-01-2012, 08:54 PM
Banned
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Carrollton Ohio
Posts: 8,839
Thanks: 65
Thanked 58 Times in 40 Posts
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
The stc fitting wasn't installed on the late build 04's unless your talking like dec 31 2004. 2005 was the year the STC was started. My truck has a build date of jan 11 2005 and had the stc fitting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 10-01-2012, 08:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 306
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i thought i read it was 2004.25 and up....i'll research and get back to you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors