Need advice quick, everyone!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2012, 06:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry Need advice quick, everyone!!

Here's the deal, my truck is at dealership with bad head gaskets. Have ford diesel care ESP(only reason I took it to shop instead of doing myself). They told me ford has to pre-approve all warranty work, which makes sense. But, problem is they called me and told me ford would not approve the job until the heads are inspected to see if they are warped or cracked! Well, once they tear it down I am screwed if ford decides not to cover! I am planning on being there when they open the doors in the mornin. What should I do????!!!???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2012, 07:03 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
There's a 99% chance the heads are warped and about 75% chance at least one is cracked. That's good that they want to get the heads checked. What's the problem?? If the heads are warped or cracked than they can't say that's your fault.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:30 PM

Tuscany, that's exactly the problem. Guy at dealership says they may say they aren't covering because the truck was run hot for extended time and that is what caused heads to warp/crack, then say they are not covering because of owner neglect or something like that! I don't know, maybe I'm gettin the wrong feelin about it. Just not sure why they would not go ahead and approve the gaskets to start with and heads once they are removed and if they are found to be bad. Just sounds like they are forcing me take a gamble!
Old 09-25-2012, 07:41 PM
Banned

Then if they deny the claim tell them your getting a lawyer and contacting the bbb that seems to usually light the fire under their azz. This is exactly why I don't like these aftermarket extended warranties. They are worthless.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:47 PM

That doesn't sound like a place I'd want to work on my truck. If they're already coming up with a way to deny the warranty work before they've even torn the truck down, it doesn't look promising. As mentioned, heads have warped and / or cracked under normal use. I wouldn't hedge my bets on them covering anything.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:12 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Your concern is understandable and justified.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:40 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If they worded it just like you did then they never said that if they weren't in fact warped or cracked they WOULDN'T cover it. Just as you stated they wanted them checked first. If they are warped or cracked they will replace then do the rest of the warranty work. Sounds like they are being thorough. That's a good thing.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:56 PM

Tuscany, this is not an AM warranty, it's Ford ESP! Okie, their exact words were they did the test on gaskets and sent the numbers to ford. All test they did indicate blown head gasket/gaskets. However, they would not authorize the replacement of the gaskets until they remove the heads and have them checked for warp/cracks. From the way the mechanic talked, and he has worked on my truck before and replaced turbo under this same ESP, heads would only warp or crack if the truck was run hot for an extended period of time, which it has not been. Just wondering if I need to go have a face to face talk and find out what's goin on? Like the post above said, if they are warped/cracked how is it automatically my fault?!?
Old 09-25-2012, 10:09 PM
Banned

That's the thing it may or may not be your fault but they are going to pin the blame on you to keep from paying for this repair. Either tell them how it's gonna be or take it elsewhere to a different dealer and find out what they think about it. It has been proven many times over that even brand new OEM heads from ford are warped and still need to be machined before installation so their claims of user abuse are bogus. Good luck hope it works out. But I would also suggest ponying up the dough for a set of arp's while they do it and also go pick up your heads and take them to a machine shop and have them checked out by them on your dime as ford will only check them with a straight edge and feeler gauge and visually check for cracks.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:45 AM

It just seems like I'm being held over the cliff, so to speak. Once it torn down if Ford decides not to cover it, I'm basically screwed! Does a person have any recourse in a situation like this or is their decision not to cover pretty much final. Once again, if not for the Ford ESP I would be attempting this job myself anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.