I've got an '05 excursion 6.0, 103k on it and it's becoming a major headache. I'm stumped.
Here's the rundown:
When we bought it, it ran fine for a few days then stalled & died as we were braking & turning; towed home.
* replaced alternator (CS screen reading low battery)
* stalled again on next test drive, tow home.
* replaced BPS
* torque converter clutch reading was really weird (MAC scanner)
* took to local shop & they tested & replaced ICP, IPR, resealed branch tubes, replaced 2 injectors that were leaking.
* stalled again (low oil pressure) & had it brought home (CS screen had kicked the bucket by this time).
* replaced STC - got tested at local shop & tested good!
* wife drove it out and it started the stuttering all over again, surging & losing power etc @ 65 mph. She limped it home.
* I drove it again and thought it felt like it was surging in all gears, stuttering etc. It stalled & we boosted it for about 15 mins, and it struggled to life. Made it home
* BOUGHT AE!!
* Found a bunch of electrical codes and got to work on them - most of them are gone now except for P0500
, also the 2WD solenoid
(can't remember the ###).
* took it for another test drive while monitoring it and it stalled again, along with the surging & lurching. Here's some readings that came up:
engine oil temp - 191
coolant temp - 193
FICM stayed steady.
*tried to restart & had an ICP reading 350-380 psi and it wouldn't start.
* wife came out to boost it and we let it sit for about 15 mins (temp was 185 by then) and it struggled to life again. Just before it started AE had an ICP reading of over 4000 psi, no cranking, nothing.
according to AE my vehicle speed was 0.2 mph and my speedometer was reading 50mph.
* at idle TC slippage was Desired=1020rpm, Actual=20rpm
Could a bad PCM harness cause all this mess???
Any other ideas? Not sure where to go with this anymore...