6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 05-07-2012, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs up FICM dead call ED @ FICMrepair.com

My FICM went out recently on my truck. I have a 2003 F-250 with the 6.0 and since i have owned it i have had cold start issues and sluggish fuel response. It finally went completely out and i had it towed to my mechanic. He diagnosed the problem as the FICM and said that i would have to take it to a dealer to get it repaired. I called the local dealer and they informed me that it was going to cost 1800$ to get it repaired. So i frantically started searching the forums for repair solutions. I came across many people talking about Ed on here so i called him and he walked me through his process and i was sold. I removed my unit shipped it to him and a in less than a week my truck was running better than it has since i have owned it. His repair got me back on the road and saved me $1,325.00

If you are having doubts about what to do or if your unit is going out give Ed a call. He worked hard to get me going again and he will do the same for you.

Thank you Ed from AL to IA for helping with this crissis.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 05-08-2012, 05:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I also needed Ed's services recently. I couldn't be happier with the service I recieved. I called him on a saturday afternoon, Texas, and I had the new on in my hand by 1:00 monday. Installed by 2:00, other problems.... 1 injector later @ 11:00 p.m. running like a champ. I also got the Atlas 40 tune and I am really happy with it.

2004 Excursion Limited, 211,000 miles,
Edge CTS (Gauges only), ZooDad, Turbo Timer, DieselSite Coolant Filter,
RCD EGR delete, CCV reroute, Amsoil By-pass Filter, FireStone RideRite Air Springs,
FICM from Ed with Atlas 40 tune, No Kitty, FPR Blue Spring, DC XP270 Alternator

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 11 Old 05-09-2012, 04:10 AM

Many plusses for Ed, great service!

2005 SRW f350 Lariat CC 8ft bed, black!
Matches my 03 black turbocharged Marauder!

post #4 of 11 Old 05-09-2012, 03:53 PM

Thanks guys! I am glad to have been able to help you out!

Ed
post #5 of 11 Old 11-10-2014, 10:22 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

2006 F-350 6.0 FICM Repair or Replace in 2014

I see lots of old FICM information but nothing current. As of the end of 2014 can anyone give me the best options and where to shop for a FICM problem?
post #6 of 11 Old 11-10-2014, 03:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBdawg-F-350 View Post
I see lots of old FICM information but nothing current. As of the end of 2014 can anyone give me the best options and where to shop for a FICM problem?
Is money a concern or how much are you wanting to spend?

BulletProofDiesel has good options off the top of my head and should have some an option to meet your budget.

If you don't want to go with them I am sure you can find a couple other options.

• 1990 F250 RCLB 7.3 IDI 4x4 ZF5. 45,000 original miles and factory original as can be.
  • 2006 Dodge 3500 QCLB DRW 5.9 CR G56.
  • Vehicles for days!

Will never buy anything from IPR and Sinister! List still growing
post #7 of 11 Old 11-10-2014, 07:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'm looking for the best product (ficm) on the market today. All of the reviews I have seen were 2009-2012. As this is almost 2015, members have had a lot of experience with the various brands.

Which brands come out on top, today?
post #8 of 11 Old 11-25-2014, 06:51 AM

Hi BBdawg-F-350 -

I apologize for just now seeing the update on this thread and I hope that you are already taken care of, but FICMrepair.com remains alive and quite well in the land of repairing these modules.

In fact, not only do we work on both the power and logic sides of the module providing up to a lifetime warranty for our work depending on what service option you elect, but also can set you up with aftermarket tunes from Power Hungry Performance that will make you fall in love with your 6.0 all over again!

Looking forward to earning your business,

Ed
The Following User Says Thank You to 5030tinkerer For This Useful Post:
BBdawg-F-350 (11-25-2014)
post #9 of 11 Old 11-25-2014, 07:24 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Still wondering - best ficm replacement/repair

Ed,
Thank You for Your response. I have resolved my ficm by allowing my local shop to replace my unit with his best judgment.

He did the ficm replacement in conjunction with replacing my EGR cooler so no labor cost was involved, just the part. (I purchased the truck 3 yrs ago with a sinister delete installed but have grown weary of the constant CEL and fear of adding programmers and over stressing the engine, causing future issues. This is our only daily driver and hauling my 38ft 5th wheel, which we live it and on a fixed income)

Because of the cost, I was hoping other members who have used the various Options for ficm, repair (like Yours) or alternative replacements, would have spoken out and let us know how their particular choice worked out for them.

We often hear why people initially make choices but seldom hear how it worked out.

So, Still wondering.

Thanks Again!
Randy
post #10 of 11 Old 11-25-2014, 08:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

03 6.0 ficm problems ( I Think)?

Recently it has been cold here(OH). I went out to start my truck and it started for about 30 seconds, as I got out and went to unplug it, it died and wouldn't fire again. In the mean time trying to start it I burnt a starter up. After it died it was throwing several codes such as p0267, p2617 po261 along with about 7 or 8 more all with something about injectors and contribution balance. after I replaced the starter I checked for codes again and there were none but It still wouldn't fire. I ran a salamander under it for about 30 mins and after a few tries finally got it to start but ran like crap. I let it warm up and shut it off for the night. the next morning it did the same thing, but wouldn't throw any codes so I took it to the local mechanic and he couldn't pull any codes from it either.
Any help or opinions on what you think it might be would be a great help
Its egr deleted and studded with a sct tuner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
ficm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode