03 remote start doesnt want to turn off - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2012, 09:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
03 remote start doesnt want to turn off

So, I just found out today by accident that my 03 250 lariat has remote start. Talk about weird, I went in and then heard what sounded like a diesel with a really loud turbo running, but wait I have a super loud turbo... Is some one stealing my truck? I run out and find my truck idling with the doors locked and my keys ar in my pocket

So I'm excited, but worried because I can't figure out how to get the remote start to disengage. I have gotten in and turned the key to the start position, accessory position, locked/unlocked the doors both with the fob and the in cab controls

How exactly does this thing work my fob is a 3'button just un/lock and panic. I played with my fob a bit after I finally got the truck off and got it to remote start again but I was just randomly pressing the buttons

What is the proper procedure for this on and off

Thanks guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2012, 09:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That is crazy I never knew they put on factory remote start that long ago. Makes me wonder if mine has it. Or maybe you have a aftermarket system and dont know it.

Sent from my SGH-T759
Old 04-18-2012, 09:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'm not sure, but it uses my factory key fob so logic tells me it should be factory
Old 04-18-2012, 10:00 PM

I have a Viper remote start/security installed in my 6.0 and it's a 6speed. Gotta make sure I leave it in neutral.
Haven't ever left it in gear and tried to start it, nor do I want to see what would happen. lol

Sorry I can't help.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:33 PM

First, are you 100% positive its a factory key fob? Only reason I ask I have a 03 XLT, bought new with key fob, had one break so I had to get a new one realizing it was a crime stopper system, not ford. second, there is a way to program other remotes to work with other systems. I looked into adding remote start and the sales guy told me he could use my same fob for it even though it wasn't same brands. So you probably have a aftermarket start system. Look under your dash to see if the control box is under there. Third, I could be wrong here but I think the button config to start truck should also shut it off. Hope this helps some.

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 04-18-2012, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azkcr View Post
I have a Viper remote start/security installed in my 6.0 and it's a 6speed. Gotta make sure I leave it in neutral.
Haven't ever left it in gear and tried to start it, nor do I want to see what would happen. lol

Sorry I can't help.
A friend of mine years ago drove his honda through the garage door cause he left it in gear. Funny as hell. His parents didn't think so, since it was their garage.

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 04-19-2012, 06:26 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

It's absolutely a factory fob, I just got a new one from my local ford house because my old one broke
Old 04-19-2012, 06:52 AM
Premium Member

I have a aftermarket kit for my 05 and it uses the factory fob. I don't have it installed yet but iv read the manual and I believe that you hit lock 3 times to start it and the same to shut it off. It will also have a timer, so probably after 10 or 15 minutes it would shut off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.