truck running really rough - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2012, 05:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
truck running really rough

hi guys im new here but have been using this site for a while for some answers and you guys are good so i thought id ask you whats going on with my truck...i have a 2006 f350 6.0 4wd and about 2 months ago i replaced the hpop along with the new valve and injector pump due to truck dieing and no restart. it ran fine for the last 2 months besides running rough during first start up in the morning until it got hot which it always did that since i bought the truck and then it would be fine the rest of the day. but now this morning i started it up when in side came out about 20 mins later and got in it and noticed it just sounded weird it was making a pinging sound not metal but idk just a abnormal sound so i put it in drive and i hardly got any power at all and it ran really rough i made it about a football field before just putting it n reverse and parking it. i noticed a little oil in the antifreeze but i just had the egr cooler replaced or something and the mechanic said i might see a little oil in the antifreeze until i flushed it a couple times...can anyone point me in a direction of where to start looking????? could it be something to do with te new hpop and valve and pump i just installed? or is something else going wrong now? any help would be great thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2012, 03:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Well i would start with the FICM how good are your batteries weak or bad ones will kill it.
The price of a new ficm around $1100 or have yours fixed
FICM Repair.com - Your Source for FICM Repair
Info here http://www.fordtechservice.dealercon...FICM_Guide.pdf
and here http://swampsdiesel.com/site/install...ge_Testing.pdf
Testing the FICM
2 stroker
Old 04-20-2012, 07:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ok i checked the batteries they are fine...then i tested the ficm 48.0 v when key is on and running so thats fine...any other suggestions.... the day this happened i let it warm up another 20 mins and it was fine the rest of the day. but havent driven it since... someone please help i just put over 3 grand into this engine and really dont want to take it to a dealer to get raped.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:40 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Need the codes read.......

Sent from my SCH-I500
Old 05-05-2012, 07:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

FICM

Keep in mind, a FICM can be bad even though the voltage is great in all positions. I replaced an injector before giving up and taking my truck in to a recommened diesel shop to find that the FICM was bad. In the long run it was still cheaper than getting raped by the dealer and I now know how to change an injector. Good luck. The info provided here is great but it can somtimes still be a nightmare to figure out what is really wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.