Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

FICM repair success, now no start???

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  pubby 
#1 ·
First some background. My 07 6.0 has 64,000km and started cold starting very rough. Worked well if plugged in. Would run rough until warmed up. Then out of nowhere it would not start at all. Would crank and sound like it wants to turn over, but wouldnt. If it did turn over it would instantly shut off. The fuel pump also making an unhealthy sound when cycle key. Had a cel checked code and it was "low voltage to injector #5" (forget exact code number). And that was the only code being thrown. I checked ficm voltage and was low. Performed the ficm solder repair yesterday. Truck instantly started. No knocking, smoke, or rough start. Worked amazing. Took for a spin after letting it run for a while, worked very well great power. Was about 8pm. Let truck sit over night, was up at 5am for work. Was about -7 last night, truck was not plugged in. Started instantly this morning, no knocking or smoke and ran great. Truck sat all day while working. Went to start truck at end of day and back to same scenario. Truck will crank and sounds like it wants to turn over at points, but will not. Made me sick to my stomach as i thought it was fixed lol.

Where should i go from here?? It almost seems as it is starving for fuel. Could it be fuel filters and/or fuel pump?? Once i performed the ficm repair yesterday my fuel pump sounded normal. Tonight it sounds unhealhy again. What do you guys suspect to be my culprit here and what are my options to check from here?

See less See more
#2 ·
One of your solder fixes may have broke.
I would suspect the fuel pump since it ran when it sounded healthy and quit running when it sounded bad.
A test of the fuel system is in order also a scan onlive data to see what is going on.

#3 ·
The only thing that boggles my mind is everything sounded well once i repaired ficm. Now one full day later and approx 35km on truck, sat for about 10 hours and se thing as before. Hmm quite possibly need to reflow my solder again. I will check fuel filters and pump tomorrow for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.