New ARP studs & Gaskets - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2012, 08:23 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New ARP studs & Gaskets

I just had a set of ARP studs, ford Gaskets, oil cooler , thermosat, water pump, LP oil pump gears, FPS (blue) installed and had the turbo cleaned on my 6.0. Before the work it was running 164 coolant and 198 engine oil temps, my degas bottle was building presure to 16psi real quick and puking with an outsidde air temp of 60/70 and running 55 mph. I'm picking my truck up tonight from the shop, it's around 50.60 outside what should I except to see for the coolant and oil temp. and the PSI's at the degas bottle. Is there anything else I can do to confirm all issues have been resolved ? My turbo boost never when over 17 before what is normal for the 6.0 when mash'n on it ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2012, 10:38 AM

Send a message via ICQ to ByronCR Send a message via AIM to ByronCR Send a message via MSN to ByronCR Send a message via Yahoo to ByronCR
I know that typically the EOT is around 185-190 and the ECT should be pretty close to the same. You do not want to have a much of a different between the 2. Basic rule is if you are 15* difference between ECT and EOT then either your oil cooler or your egr cooler is clogged.

My truck usually is around 185 for the EOT and my ECT is typically around 175-185. Normally the delta between EOT and ECT on mine is no more than about 8*.

When I mash down on mine, I have seen mine get up to 27 psi on the turbo.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronCR View Post
I know that typically the EOT is around 185-190 and the ECT should be pretty close to the same. You do not want to have a much of a different between the 2. Basic rule is if you are 15* difference between ECT and EOT then either your oil cooler or your egr cooler is clogged.

My truck usually is around 185 for the EOT and my ECT is typically around 175-185. Normally the delta between EOT and ECT on mine is no more than about 8*.

When I mash down on mine, I have seen mine get up to 27 psi on the turbo.
Your thermostat is bad! ECT should be AT LEAST 188-190
Old 04-13-2012, 07:07 PM

Send a message via ICQ to ByronCR Send a message via AIM to ByronCR Send a message via MSN to ByronCR Send a message via Yahoo to ByronCR
Quote:
Originally Posted by F250SixOH View Post
Your thermostat is bad! ECT should be AT LEAST 188-190
Good to know. I will replace it and hopefully my delta will decrease.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:55 AM

I just picked up my truck! Had all the work decribed above done to it ! On ride home Deltas were Coolant 191/193 Oil was 203/213. driving 60mph ! presure in degas bottle reached 10psi when I stomped it from a light on a hill. Any input would be helful! also the ABS light came on and I check both ls/rs plugs in together

Thanks
Old 04-14-2012, 03:01 PM

I towed my boat 15 miles from my house deltas went to coolant 200/ oil 233 service engine light came on but no codes !! could use use some advise before I take the truck back tomorrow !!!! Anyone !!!
Old 04-14-2012, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by towboat View Post
I just picked up my truck! Had all the work decribed above done to it ! On ride home Deltas were Coolant 191/193 Oil was 203/213. driving 60mph ! presure in degas bottle reached 10psi when I stomped it from a light on a hill. Any input would be helful! also the ABS light came on and I check both ls/rs plugs in together

Thanks
In this posts everything was looking good but now you have a 33* delta so yea you still got problems either it was a poor head job or your haveing othe over heat issues as well. EGR cooler or oil cooler, plugged radiator stuck thermostat, bad water pump. I say this because your coolant temps made a bigger increase than your oil temps.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:31 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyv13 Send a message via Yahoo to jimmyv13
They did all of that work and didn't touch the EGR cooler? You still have problems....
Old 04-15-2012, 03:06 AM

EGR cooler and egr blocked a year ago ! did everything thats recomanded except the studs and gasket a year ago !Truck runs strong now , has good power ! the deltas and the engine light bother me !!

Thanks for the advice
Old 04-15-2012, 06:00 AM

Could you clarify whether you had a catastofic overheat and headgasket failure or all this work was done for upgrade purposes.
Head gasket failures are useually the result of an overheat condition and not the cause.
Rereading your post I am not shure now. Advice would be slightly different depending on the situation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.