50-60 MPH studder???? Tire Size maybe? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2012, 05:57 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
50-60 MPH studder???? Tire Size maybe?

Hey guys I have been all over this forum lookin for the answer to my issue with no luck so far. I will try to explain I will going down the road in drive 55- 60 and start to get what I would call a miss or studder it doesnt happen all of the time either. I have a theory that maybe it is the tranny....I am runnin 295/65/20 and was thinking that maybe since the tire isnt the original size the tranny maybe in between shift points so its not going in to overdrive and so that might be the studder I am feeling? It does go away after I reach 65 so i am not certain what the issue is. Any ideas or thoughts on this would be great. Also I do not have a programmer but if I am given enough feed back that setting tire size might correct this I would be willing to look at that option. Let me know what you guys think.

Last edited by Power$troke; 04-09-2012 at 08:44 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2012, 06:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
honestly... sounds like a tire balance issue to me.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Premium Member

I dont believe it to be a tire balance issue simply because when I put in tow/haul mode it goes away. If it were tires it would be there regardless. Thanks for the input though. I did discover I was low on Tranny fluid it was reading on the dipstick but at the cold level when it should have been reading at the hot level as I had been driving it on the instate to the stealership for some Mercon SP fluid. I put a quart in it hope that maybe part of the problem, the only other thing they mentioned was there is a new program that ford has that changes the FICM Voltage and the EGR and Turbo to help prevent carbon build up and some other things... IF ANYONE HAS ANY INPUT ON THAT PLEASE SHARE..I have considered do it but dont want to be a lab rat...Lastly back to the problem I was also thinking the tranny could be at a point were its not sure if it needs to go into overdrive or downshift due to the oversized tires I am running its a shot in the dark I know but ????
Old 04-09-2012, 08:46 PM
Serving Our Country!

Send a message via AIM to f250ghost Send a message via MSN to f250ghost Send a message via Yahoo to f250ghost
Injector is bad
Old 04-09-2012, 08:48 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by f250ghost View Post
Injector is bad
I hope your wrong......Please be wrong.....

Have you experienced this first hand before?
Old 04-09-2012, 09:03 PM
Serving Our Country!

Send a message via AIM to f250ghost Send a message via MSN to f250ghost Send a message via Yahoo to f250ghost
haha...I'm THE injector guy on this forum after the fiasco I went into. Let me ask you this....

does it do it once it's in overdrive, but goes away if you floor it/downshift?
Old 04-09-2012, 09:11 PM
Premium Member

It does seem to be like that yes. and not all the time. The dealership also said torque convertor, blah blah. I am not sure at this point. I am pretty mechanically inclined on gas engines built a 1.6 DOHC that put 342hp to the wheel so I know enough to do alot of my own repairs. How in depth is changing the injectors?
Old 04-09-2012, 09:19 PM
Serving Our Country!

Bout an 8hr job for both sides. 3 on the passenger, 2 on the driver side.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:05 PM
Premium Member

[QUOTE=f250ghost;3019247]Bout an 8hr job for both sides. 3 on the passenger, 2 on the driver side.[/QUOTE

I assume you mean hours...That is 5 total the rest would be tear down and reassemblie time? Any ideas on the injector costs and what brand to use? In your opinion oriignal or aftermarket upgrade in size or stay stock? suggestions?
Old 04-10-2012, 04:50 AM
Serving Our Country!

Yeah sorry....I meant 5. Fat fingered that one! I'd have the truck scanned first to make sure it's an injector. But I know everytime my old truck did that, it was an injector that was bad or going bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.