Tear down complete! wow - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2012, 03:14 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tear down complete! wow

Well took Thurs. off last wk so I would have a 4 day weekend. Figured i would need it for getting everything back together. Tore everything apart, installed new oil cooler, egr delete, dummy plugs, stand pipes, stc fitting on hpop, flushed coolant, filled with elc, changed oil, and fuel filters, new air filter,and blue spring kit. Wasn't near as bad as i thought. Thanks for all the tips and help... definately couldnt have done it( or atleast not in a day and a half) without the info from the org. Started Wed. night finished thurs. night... stopped by innovative diesel Friday morning and picked up an IDP custom tuned sct prog. (wife was at work and hast seen checking act. yet ) and was at the ocean fishing by noon. Absolutely amazed by the truck now... it will smoke the tires for 20ft then catch 2nd gear and throw the truck sideways Now i have to blow the headgaskets so i have an excuse to put studs in.... hehe. Anyways just wanted to thank everyone for the info on this site. If anyone needs any helps or tips on this job let me know... its very fresh in my mind. Thanks again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2012, 03:19 PM

Sorry forgot one thing.... when i started the truck up... took a few minutes of cranking, i noticed the pass. side headlight was out. Pulled the harness and bulb and the thing was fried. The harness melted to the headlight and broke off inside. Any ideas why this happened? Stinkin 8 inch long harness cost $60 from ford and wont be here until Tues. Just cant figure why it smoked the harness like that.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:33 PM
Oilfield Trash

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
weird on the wiring. but im happy you got it all done in 2 days lol
Old 04-09-2012, 09:08 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by smount101 View Post
... its very fresh in my mind.
I would think it would be helpful to write it down step-by-step, what comes before what if you have a reason, things not to forget when you get to [this] step so you don't have to take it back apart... there's a lot of picture threads but a lot of them are just shots of the engine bay at some stage of disassembly without much in the way of arrows or red circles or some such to point out "what" was the reason this picture was taken... Did you have to run for tools that weren't in the toolbox already... Did you torque everything? What do you wish you had had on hand, or would you have done differently if you did another one today?

Just thoughts. I'll be doing a lot of this work (not the stand pipes and dummy plugs) in a few weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.